Grakon Connector under Dash?????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

taoshum

I have been looking for a "hot" wire near the dirver's seat for another 12V power outlet to use to charge a cell phone.  I looked under the dash to the left of the steering column and see a Grakon connector with a gray cap.  Anyone know what this is for?  I also noticed a 36" yellow/white cable with a connector on the end of it but no cable number.  It's pretty heavy wire but there is no voltage on it, with or without the ignition key on.  Anyone know what this is for?  There's also a coiled set of wires with a white flat connector with a cable tie to the right of the "gas pedal" which has no cable number and I have no idea what this is for either.  I have looked at the schematics on the winnebago website, for our coach, and while the info may be there, I cannot find it.
??? ??? ??? ???

thanks for any help you can offer

taoshum said:
..... There's also a coiled set of wires with a white flat connector with a cable tie to the right of the "gas pedal" which has no cable number and I have no idea what this is for either.  I have looked at the schematics on the winnebago website, for our coach, and while the info may be there, I cannot find it.
Winnie pre-wires the CB radio....that may be the flat 3-wire connector.  Should be a red hot, white gnd and 3rd color for +12 Acc.  That would work for your cell charger.

Bill

I ran a couple of wires from the existing cigar lighter to another power socket on the other side. As a matter of fact, I installed 3 more power outlets around the drivers area for my toys. Cell phone charger, Navi, radar detector, etc. None draw much power so all can operate from the same source.

taoshum said:
I have been looking for a "hot" wire near the dirver's seat for another 12V power outlet to use to charge a cell phone.  I looked under the dash to the left of the steering column and see a Grakon connector with a gray cap.  Anyone know what this is for? ...

If the connector under the steering column looks like this picture it is a duplicate of the connector back in the engine compartment to allow service folks to plug into the engine computer.

Attachments

• IMG_0002.JPG
    IMG_0002.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 79
yes, that is what it is, I confirmed it with the Winnebago service folks today and I found the cable numbering system guide and found some "general purpose" power source wires so I'm set.

thanks!!!!!!

I do believe that is a diagnostic connector and also what the Silverleaf VMS plugs into. THIS is how I solved the problem. There are 6ea. 12V outlets on the dash: 4 across the back, and one on either side.

What Chris posted is  the OBDCII - there is one under my dash near the steering wheel (my VMSpc plugs into it) , and one at the front of the engine.

Jeff - wow you have the outlets!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom