door/compartment remotes not working correctly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LspTpr

on my ultimate advantage, the remotes work very well (about 25 feet away) with the battery disconnect button on (batteries disconnected) but only work within 2 feet of the remote box with the compartment door open when the battery disconnect button off (batteries connected).  anybody got any ideas what would cause this?  would like to use the remotes when coach is set up for use.  thanks.

I've never heard that problem on a UA!  Sometimes I have problems with my remotes not responding, but repeated tries normally results in them working. Mine normally don't work from the rear of the coach, but only around the front area -- sounds like your 25' or so. I wonder if the antenna is touching something that causes electronic interference? You might try moving the antenna up away from other items ... mine is located in the compartment under the driver seat on the rear wall (toward rear of motorhome). The antenna is a black wire sticking out of the unit.  I have mine sticking outward from the unit so that it has at least a few inches of air all around it. Come to think of it, I have some small foam blocks I could use to keep it in place ...stick the wire through the block and rest the block on the end of the amp that is directly under the antenna on my '03 UA.

thanks afchap.  mine is located in the same place.  i tried all movements with the wire.  only time there is a difference is when i turn the battery disconnect to on, then remotes work as should but battery power is killed.  otherwise i have to have the compartment door open and remote less than 2 feet away for it to work.  am planning on calling the company to see if something different.  even tried reprogramming with the battery disconnect in both positions with same results.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom