Coleman 60 watt Solar Panel Kit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheOutsider

Hi all,
I recently acquired a Coleman 60 watt Rv Solar power Kit (found here: Solar Kit Link)
Just wondering if it is worth keeping or not I am planning on buying a 3000 watt inverter generator. I was planning on buying a larger solar kit (260+) later on as quite a few of my favourite spots aren't exactly campgrounds and who wants to listen to the genny all day. So will the kit with a couple extra batteries (so 3 or 4 all together) going to do any good? The Inverter in this kit seems pretty small (150W) maybe it's just me.
Biggest problem is that it is a gift, but it is nowhere close to what I was going to buy myself and doesn't seem upgradeable at all.
Thanks for the help.

I'd probably use it until I was ready to buy the bigger one and then sell it.  But if you could find a buyer right now and get more cause its bran new, then do that.  You're right - it isn't much of a solar charger or inverter.  The inverter might run a small tv but that's about it.  What do you plan to run off an inverter???

The more batteries you have, the longer you can run without generator. Until you estimate your power consumption, it is impossible to say how many battery amp-hours you need or how big an inverter is big enough.

[edit]fixed typo[/edit]

Yeah I don't think it will even run the tv that came in my trailer it is a 30" toshiba flat panel.
I was looking at the kits sold by this company The El Sol or King of the road kit here.
If anyone has any suggestions let me know this is my first solar kit install.
I use my trailer a lot I have been staying in it full time now for around 2 months. I use it for work and then use it for vacation time as well.
I really don't think it is what I want or need for my trailer, maybe I'll keep it and use it to charge the the troller motor batteries on the boat my brother and I share. Or we were thinking of buying my Dad a golf cart this summer maybe I'll mount them to the roof if it ends up being an electric. 

TheOutsider said:
Hi all,
I recently acquired a Coleman 60 watt Rv Solar power Kit (found here: Solar Kit Link)
Just wondering if it is worth keeping or not I am planning on buying a 3000 watt inverter generator. I was planning on buying a larger solar kit (260+) later on as quite a few of my favourite spots aren't exactly campgrounds and who wants to listen to the genny all day. So will the kit with a couple extra batteries (so 3 or 4 all together) going to do any good? The Inverter in this kit seems pretty small (150W) maybe it's just me.
Biggest problem is that it is a gift, but it is nowhere close to what I was going to buy myself and doesn't seem upgradeable at all.
Thanks for the help.

I think it is not problem to use solar power generator in your rv. However, I like your 60 watt Rv solar power kit. I read the same in   Solar Power Generator .

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom