1977 dodge monaco replacing wet walls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jetskifreak

So I just bought a 1977 dodge monaco motorhome for $300 motor runs good 100 thousand miles but roof leaked bad so i have to replace the interior roof paneling and one wall interior and exterior so i have to pull the metal siding off. so i need some pics on how other people did so i can find out how to do this  so if you can help me with some pics i would be very gratefull  thanks to all who helps ???

What kind of siding do you have?  If it's the horizontal strips, you start at the bottom and work your way up to remove it.  Each piece has a lip that slides into a mating lip in the one above it.  Replacement is the opposite - start at the top and work your way down.

I recently bought a 1976 Dodge Tioga for $300 and it has similar problems. There was a bad leak in a couple of spots and, above the cab-over sleeper and above the restroom on the rear causing extensive damage to interior walls and paneling as well as floor damage to the rear section, i have proceeded with gutting the interior of the motorhome removing all interior walls and clearing it for restoration, any and all info you have on your project could be usefull to me as well and visa versa. One problem I have had was that I can't remove the shower pan once I demolished the bathroom so now I just have to move it around the inside as necessary. also I can't seem to get the fridge out yet but if i remove the driver and passenger doors the fridge may fit through there but not through the entry door at the rear of the motorhome, or the windows. as for the built in couch/bed that also housed the fresh water holding, pump, plumbing , and hot water heater I have to figure out a new couch/ bed that will accommodate a space underneath because i don't think I can reuse the old one. I have some ideas but I am new to all this and not really a carpenter or mechanic but I have some knowledge. Do you need to replace any of the floor in your motorhome? if so what have you learned about the process and how is your project going so far?
Peace, Clay

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom