Troubles with my Gen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
EMS1 said:
ANL175...this is the only number on the fuse???

It's a 175 amp fuse.. check Here

I wouldn't have thought it would be that big...

It appears this type fuse is prominent in marine applications.  Do you have a marine or boating supply store near by?

Does it look like the one in the attached datasheet?  This is the same fuse Lou pointed you to.

I have a 300A fuse in my system so 175A isn't unusual

Attachments

• datasheet.pdf
    24.2 KB · Views: 10
If that pump is what I think it is there are two or three failure modes

Pump consists of a diaphragm, spring and a pair of check valves (inlet and outlet) and an electro-magnet and a switch

When the diaphragm is depressed enough (By the spring) the switch closes, energizing the magnet, pulling up on the diaphragm and "Sucking" fuel from the tank via the inlet check valve,, When the diaphragm is fully retracted, the switch opens and the spring then pushes it into the carb via the outlet check valve

Possible issues in the pump itself include failed check valves (Rare) perforated diaphragm, (not as rare but still rare) open coil on the magnet (also rare) and dirty switch contacts (I suspect this is failure mode #1)

To fix dirty contacts... IF you can open the body of the pump, use a contact burnishing tool.

If you do not feel comfortable doing this.. Don't try it.

I used to have a car with an impossible to find fuel pump that.. Wore out.. I popped on an electric, exactly as described above.. Had to clean it a couple of times before that car hit the recyclers.

Really liked that electric pump.. I mean

Cam shaft pump.. Hit starter, Grind, Grind, Grind, Grind, Grind, Grind, Grind, Varoom

Electric pump. Turn key to on, pause, hit starter Grin-varoom

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom