Luxor AllSteer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

madrone

I recently purchased one of fifteen Luxor's that were built in 1995 on an Oshkosh chassis with four wheel steering and was wondering if any of the others hang out here. Although it is low miles (54,000) and in wonderful condition overall from always being garaged from new after 14 years it does need some alignment work. Most of the AllSteer chassis went to builders of fire equipment,
Pierce in particular. Winnebago did some checking for me and Oshkosh said Freightliner should be able to service it, but I was hoping to find a shop experienced with the system so I am not the guy who pays $100/hr shop time to train Freightliner mechanics.

http://inap.biz/classics/95_luxor/

http://tinyurl.com/l947ef

Great looking coach - that's a real find!

You might call Freightliner factory Customer Service and ask if they know of any shop that would be experienced in that chassis. I certainly would not try just any old Freightliner place,many of which aren't even experienced in motorhomes. Even the factory service center in Gafney may never have seen one.

Nice design. I like it!  ;D

One thing I wonder about. I think I'd be watching the tail swing very carefully, in coordinated steer. It's bad enough without the rear end moving in that direction!  :eek:

Ray D  ;D

Bob, that is the chassis used

Ray, there is that problem (warnings all through the manual), but it seems that if pulling a toad
you want to avoid All Wheel steering completely!

Welcome to our little corner of the Internet and a big welcome to rvforum!

All-wheel steering - wow!  I had no idea Winnie produced such a critter.  Hang around and let's see what happens.  In the resources sticky above, there is a link to a classic Winnebago site - maybe there is some Luxor info there.

Thank you John, I feel I already know you from your posts at the Datastorm Users Forum, I have been using one since 2005

Steve

Back
Top Bottom