EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products PO Box Zone
Over The Network Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Parking overnight, not in Campground  (Read 32362 times)

luvfultimin

Re: Parking overnight, not in Campground
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2016, 10:49:49 PM »
If you are a member or know a meber of the Elks club, most lodges have multiple RV sites with water and electric hook -ups. They don't "charge" but it is customary to leave what try call a donation of  10 $ per nite. It is safe, secure and clean.

Uncle Rod

• ---
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2016, 04:21:17 PM »
You might try this web site.  https://www.overnightrvparking.com/index.php.  It's a subscription service.
You can use mobile apps.
Uncle Rod & Aunt Sally
Molly the Wonder Dog
2015 Chevy Diesel 2500 HD 4X4
30' Gulf Stream 5th Wheel

Old Radios

• ---
  • The Turtle - Our Harley Hauler
    • Steve's Antique Technology
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2016, 09:02:35 PM »
Wife and I have used rest stops for many years and never had a problem. Also use truck stops sometimes. Again, you pull in and put it in park. No lawn chairs, slides, levelers, awning out, etc.  Ohio even has rest stops with RV spaces with water and electric hook-ups for RVs.
2006 Fleetwood Tioga 26Q
2010 Harley Softail Custom Toad
2015 Harley Softail Deluxe Toad
2015 Ford Focus Toad
Upstate (the other) New York

HVN FN

• ---
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2016, 01:56:05 PM »
BRILLIANT!!!! Cracker Barrel, that is excellent info! The WalMart in Sevierville said there is a county ordinance, we couldn't park there. However, I just called the Cracker Barrel, and they said we absolutely can!  I've plugged in the address, and we have tonight's stopping point!
Lori, Ralph, & Loki

2006 Allegro Bus 42QDP
Polaris Slingshot (Toad)

Sun2Retire

• Photo moderator
  • ---
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2016, 03:46:20 PM »
Possibly. As I mentioned in my earlier message:

"Looks like you're replying to old discussions, although the additional info is still good and will help others in future. FWIW the original poster hasn't been back here since 2005."

11 years! OP has long since retired, sold his RV and cell phone, shut down his email address and is living somewhere in the southern Caribbean islands on a small, reliable but somewhat leaky ketch, Old Thread. He spends his evenings sipping "Painkillers", telling anyone who will listen about that thread he started in the early days of the Internet that has since taken on a life of its own. Eventually the locals will once again tire of the story, compelling him to move Old Thread to the next safe harbor south. 8)
Scott
2005 Newmar Dutch Star 3810, Spartan, Cat C7 350 "OURVEE"
Eezrv TPMS, VMSpc, 800W Solar
2002 Dodge RAM 1500 Quad Cab "RTOAD"
Stowmaster towbar & Brakemaster

spdracr39

• ---
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2017, 06:33:39 PM »
Followed your link and it gets me half way there,,, Care to bring use the rest of the way?

just type overnight etiquette in the seach box

outofhere2

• ---
  • Average guy with a great wife and great kid
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2017, 09:50:09 AM »
Always forget to look at the original post date ,but still a good discussion
2008 F150
2006 Jayco jay flight 29bhs

neeliec

• ---
« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2017, 11:24:51 PM »
Some Pilot/Flying J gas stations have overnight parking...but could get noisy with big rigs.
2016 Thor Hurricane 27K
2004 Suzuki Grand Vitara 4WD

SkateBoard

« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2017, 07:47:43 AM »
Truck stops are safe but not from being hit. More then half the semi drivers were just turned loose after a short period of training. Never ever park at the end of a row. Classic spot for some newbie making a right turn and his trailer takes you out. When parking at a truck stop try and pick a spot where there is nothing in front of you other then the driveway. Pick a spot where the person on your left and right also has nothing in front of them. Those are the easiest for a trucker to pull into. They can pull all the way forward, straighten out then back in. Jackknifing a truck into a spot is not an easy task for a new person. Do not park on the very end near a curb. Chances are a truck will park right in front of you in an illegal spot. If it's 10 at night their pissed you're there in the first place.

kdbgoat

• ---
« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2017, 08:03:01 AM »
One thing to add to Skateboard's good advise is keep the back of your rig even with the back of the trucks. If you pull all the way forward, a trucker may think the space is empty and start to pull in, not realizing the space is taken. Depending on the trucker's mood at the time, it can bring out a bad attitude in a person with a normally good attitude.
I know you believe you understand what you think I said,
But I am not sure you realize what you heard is not what I meant

2016 Leprechaun 319DS

Fjrogers

« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2017, 03:00:10 AM »
We are past full timers and have stayed about everywhere that is legal and in a good safe area over the years.  Walmart, Flying J, Cracker Barrel and rest stops included. Check with the state police before staying in Rest Areas. I found while overnight camping is allowed parking for eight hours is often allowed. What does this mean don't camp don't unhook your tow rig, don't BBQ, Don't put out tables and lawn chairs. Only open tip outs as needed to get around your rig. Just keep a low profile and everything goes great.
I am a Retired Building Stationery Engineer
DW is a Retired Special Education Teacher
Custom 500 HP 2006 Dodge 3500 with 5.9 Cummins
3670RL Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
Full-time Ride along Crew
Lucy the Labradoodle
Bucky the Chocolate Labrador Retriever
Dillanger the Norwegian Forest Cat

mel s

• ---
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2017, 08:24:18 AM »
My question is this...where, outside of campgrounds have you been able to pull over and spend the night?  Rest areas?  I need to be able to drive to a city.  Host a meeting (maybe even on the RV) and stay the night.  I'd prefer not to have to find a campground. 
Thanks!

eagle link
We've overnighted in restaurant, hospital, super market, city hall and police department parking lots, (but only with permission).
And in rest areas and at truck stops, (without asking permission).

(BTW we have never been asked to move from a rest area even when parked longer than the posted limit).

Hosted by Over The Network