Knoxville, TN campgrounds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bama

Need campgrounds for the Knoxville area for one night and some suggestions for the Asheville, NC ares for about a week stay. We will need 50 amp with full hook-ups. Would really like to use our satellite!! We are in a 40' Winnebago Vectra so need a big space.
javascript:void(0);
Thanks for any suggestions or opinions.

Bama

We go to the Knoxville area once or twice each year to visit my daughter and her family.  They live on the far west side, so we stay at CGs in the Lenoir City area (around exit 364 off of I-40).  There are three:

Crosseyed Cricket:  has gone downhill a lot.  Narrow roads to get to it.  Stray dogs running around.  We won't go there again.

Lazy Acres:  Hard to get to, kind of crude, dusty.  Nice people running it, though.  I had to run cold water for a while for the rust to clear - I suspect non-galvanized plumbing underground.

Soaring Eagle:  right off of I-40 at exit 360.  These people know how to do it right.  We always stay at site #6, which is quite level if you pull up far enough (it's a pull-thru site).  Decent TV reception with an antenna.  Site #6 is fairly close to the office, so the wi-fi was good.  Some road noise from I-40, but it wasn't too bad.

Lenoir City has plenty of retail, including a Wal-Mart.  Easy access to I-75, if you want it.

Feel free to send a PM or e-mail with questions......

Edit:  Sorry, I can't help you with Asheville recommendations.

Back in 07 We spent  5 nights at the Asheville West K.O.A.
Quiet and clean easy to get to we came from Smokey's .

Roy 

winstons mom said:
DaveMitten, my sis and family live in Lenoir City!

How about that.  I like the town quite well, and it's close to our favorite campground in that area. 

Back
Top Bottom