01 national dolphin step problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

budster

I am buying a 01 dolphin.. when you step on the step it retracts.. Is this a major repair or a minor one.. thanks..

That's a strange one - never heard of that!  There is a motor that opens and retracts the step and somehow it is activated when you step on it. Short somewhere?  There are interlocks with the ignition  and door - ignition on retracts the step unless the door is open. Opening the door is supposed to always open the step. There is also a switch that is supposed to override and keep the step locked in whatever position it is in, subject to the ignition interlock.  Somewhere in that wiring a circuit is being made when you put weight on the step.

A call to Kwikee might get some ideas as to what it might be.

fixed the problem it was a wire shorting out underneath the step.. thanks for the replys...

I was just under mine the other day cleaning up some old wire mold at the step and I cut the sensor wire going to the step.  I should have known it but it took me by surprise when the step closed ...right above my head.  Good thing the fingers were out of the way. 

Well, to get back on target...... with the circuit broke the step retracted.  You sensor circuit must need ground to close - opposite of mine.  But, you found the problem and fixed it. Good news.

Back
Top Bottom