Mini-rally in Milwaukee, WI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lorna

Last evening and today we enjoyed the company of Jim and Pat Godward.  Today we took them on a tour of Milwaukee and spent most of the afternoon at the Discovery World (where our tall ship is docked) and I volunteer in the summer.  There is a very interesting history of the Great Lakes.  Last year and this year they have a complete display of Les Paul's life and his many accomplishments.  

We really enjoyed being able to spend some quality time with them.  To make this an official mini-rally there is a picture of them in front of the totem pole at Discovery World which was hand carved specifically for the museum.

Attachments

• Jim, Pat & Ned at Discovery World (Medium).JPG
    Jim, Pat & Ned at Discovery World (Medium).JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 45
  • Totem Pole at Discovery World (Medium).JPG
    Totem Pole at Discovery World (Medium).JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 39
We are in Owatonna MN so I guess we will miss them this trip.

There is a fellow in the picture that kind of looks like Ned, but he has no arms.  Assuming it to be Ned, do you have to feed and bathe him now, Lorna?  I'm guessing you have to do the driving too.

Poor Ned!
Poor Lorna!

George
He is just trying for sympathy :D

Jeff
Will you be stopping in Milwaukee on your way to Chicago?  Monday afternoon to Wednesday late afternoon (July 6th-8th) we will be involved with a Junior Regatta at our yacht club but otherwise we are free.  We would love to have you and Sue come to visit us.

We had a delightful evening and day with Ned and Lorna.  They really know how to give a tour!  It was grat to spend the time with them and are looking forward to their trip to MT later this year.

Jeff, I was trip planning last night and if you are still In Owatonna on Sunday, You may see us pull into the RV Park.  We will be coming from eastern IA and it looks like about a days drive to there for us.  I'm not sure we will come that way but we will need fuel and there is a FJ a little west of the direct path on I-35 so it will most likely be the way we come.

My phone no is 406, five eight one, 8642.  I do not have yours.

Norna

Did you give the Godwards a family history tour of Milwaukee like you gave us ;) That added a lot to our tour.

Jeff and Jim

Don't forget the Louis Sullivan Bank in Owatonna. Stayed at the Hope Oak Knoll campground about 7 miles south of Owatonna. Nice owners, accommodating, but heavily treed and forget satellite. Somewhat tight to get around.

It seems like we are all circling around, but on different time frames. We are currently in Chippewa Falls, WI heading to this weekend's Oneida Nation PowWow in Oneida (Green Bay).

Lorna:

Sue is in Mayos today for the first day of a checkup and goes back next Monday and Thursday. Sometime after that we find out when they are done with her and we start making plans again. ;D

Jim:

I just moved over to Waseca (10 miles west of Owatonna) for the weekend with Sue's niece. We have to head back to Rochester (40 miles east) sometime Sunday as she has an appointment early Monday AM. I'll call you to figure out how to meet Sunday afternoon sometime.

Jeff,

Depending on how things go tomprrow, we may head that way on Saturday/  I won't know for sure till tomprrow evening but will let you know which ever it is.  :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aquaticvegetation
Back
Top Bottom