Velvac convex mirror accessory

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Harveyj

My brother rented a 17' U-haul for a local move and I noticed it had Velvac Mirrors with a full width convex mirror attached to the bottom of the mirror head. The wide angle view was so much better than the small wedge shaped one on the 2020 mirror head on my Winnie. The Convex mirror had the Velvac logo and was molded to fit.
I would like to add these to my MH but Velvac's web site shows nothing that resembles these add-on mirrors. An e-mail to customer service didn't help much.
Does anyone have these accessories and, if so, any ordering info?
Thanks

Lots of luck with Velvac.  I wanted the same thing a couple of years ago, but Velvac's customer service was of little help.  And their OE mirror head assemblies are unreasonably priced, IMO.

Those little wedge mirrors can be removed by slipping a plastic putty knife in behind them.  Make that pushing  a putty knife in behind them.  Don't twist or pry the blade - you want to break the adhesive-backed foam, not the glass.

I finally got some simple stick-on mirrors like these.  Not as big as I wanted, but they're okay.

I have considered those stick-on mirrors but these were so slick that I wanted to try and get a couple.  The plastic housing was molded to conform to the bottom of the mirror head and were attached with two screws.  I also didn't want to take up a lot of space by replacing the small wedge shaped mirror that comes with the 2020.

I finally received an answer from Velvac.."that mirror is a restriced sales item made specifically for U-Haul"...
He also suggested that I go to a big U-haul center and see if I can pick them up....may go by and see.

Harveyj said:
My brother rented a 17' U-haul for a local move and I noticed it had Velvac Mirrors with a full width convex mirror attached to the bottom of the mirror head. The wide angle view was so much better than the small wedge shaped one on the 2020 mirror head on my Winnie. The Convex mirror had the Velvac logo and was molded to fit.
I would like to add these to my MH but Velvac's web site shows nothing that resembles these add-on mirrors. An e-mail to customer service didn't help much.
Does anyone have these accessories and, if so, any ordering info?
Thanks

Some time back, I replaced my OEM Velvac mirrors with a similar style Velvac mirror but were taller, with a lot more surface area. I can see the back of the MH's roofline when backing up near tree limbs. I bought a pair from Ryder Fleet Products http://www.ryderfleetproducts.com - they were half the price then the Velvac website and have great customer support; give them a call and see what they can offer you.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom