Buying Rv tires

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

In my small rural hometown, I can get some Kumho Rv tires 245/70/19.5 16 ply, at a very reasonable price. Are these any good? At another tire store close by, they have Hercules 14 ply tires cheaper yet. Are they any good? Seems to be the only tires available in the area. Thanks for your help.

I've seen Kumhos on quite a few rigs - even a Prevost!  It's a Korean made tire and its main claim to fame is low price. There are quite a few reviews on epinions.com and most are more-or-less favorable (you always find a few disgruntled owners of any product). Some felt the tire did not last as long as it might have, but then again the price is right.

http://www.epinions.com/auto-Tires-All/search_string_~Kumho

Hercules is a US company that you seldom hear about unless you are in the fleet trucking business. Here is all I could find:

About Hercules Tire Company
The Hercules Tire Company, headquartered in Findlay, Ohio, is a leading integrated marketer and distributor of replacement tires in the United States, Canada and more than 100 countries around the world. The company?s proprietary brands include an extensive selection of high quality UHP, passenger, light truck, medium truck, trailer, OTR, industrial and specialty tires. This has allowed Hercules to develop a strong reputation among its customers and has made Hercules one of the most sought after private brand labels in the tire industry. In addition, Hercules distributes over 20 leading national branded tire programs and collectively offers over 10,000 SKUs.
For more information about Hercules, please visit www.herculestire.com.

When I was driving my sports car on the race track, my tire of choice was Kumho. Besides being favorably priced its performance was the best overall of all of the street tires available. Now this is not RV tires, but I have a lot of confidence in Kumho as a tire manufacturer.

Back
Top Bottom