The RV reality show starts Tuesday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
RV Roamer said:
Pretty mediocre show and very little about actually RVing, except maybe an illustration of all the worst practices while underway!  We had the show entered into the DVR recording schedule, but deleted it after watching the first show.

We also had it scheduled into our DVR. After the first 20 minutes we had seen all we could stand and turned it off and erased it from the DVR schedule. After watching the father from NY I almost turned it off before they got out of Chicago.

My wife and I watched it ,to be quite frank to call this show a dumb reality show would be giving it better ratings than it deserved, Sometime I will tell you what  :mad:I really thought of it <S>

Wendy said:
I like reality shows and was ready to watch this one to see what stupid things these families would do in an RV. But I was absolutely appalled watching the people on this show walking around the RV, standing, laying on the sofa, while the RV was traveling down the highway. The only person I saw wearing a seatbelt was the driver. The producers of this show are not setting a good example for anyone traveling in an RV.

Wendy

It sure didnt look to me like they were driving down the road more like they were being filmed sitting in the back lot. I have stood and walked in moving vehicles before and this is not how I remembered it being.

hpykmpr said:
It sure didnt look to me like they were driving down the road more like they were being filmed sitting in the back lot. I have stood and walked in moving vehicles before and this is not how I remembered it being.

This is very possible, I'm sure a good portion of the RV filming is staged.  At their two campsites thus far, all the rigs were parked perfectly in a line, slides/awnings out, jacks down... I guarantee the families did not do all that setup, there was a crew ready and waiting when they arrived.  And the overhead interstate driving shots are most likely "2nd Unit" shots, meaning they were filmed from a helicopter of RV's driving but NOT being driven by the families.  That footage is collected later, and edited into the show for "reality" purposes.  It happens on nearly every TV show or movie that exists.  I too thought it was strange that they were obviously driving southbound on I-55 (a trip I take often) and not the 2 lane "old road" Rt. 66, at least while in Illinois thus far.

For a young family like we are, I found the show quite entertaining in a "veg out on the couch" sort of way.  I don't think it's meant to be a model of how RVing should be, nor will many viewers take it that way.

Is this show still on the air? I watched about half of the first show and that was enough for me. I only hope that people watching it don't think that is what RVing is like.

We're still watching it (maybe hoping it'll get better?) and they're still driving around not wearing seatbelts, walking around, standing up while the RV is moving. And they still haven't really done anything RV-related, the motorhomes are just a way to get from point A to point B where they do some kind of non-RV challenge. I'd like to see a similar show where people have to hook up the sewer hose, back into a tight campsite with trees on both sides, turn the RV around on a country road with ditches on both sides, have a "fire drill" in the middle of the night and see who gets out fastest with certain required items. Now that would be an RV "Reality" show worth watching.

Wendy

Wendy:

On the last show all three of the coaches left have damage to them, on one the water heater cover is gone, the second has a gouge down the side, and the third has backed into something.  ;D ;D

Jeff said:
Wendy:

On the last show all three of the coaches left have damage to them, on one the water heater cover is gone, the second has a gouge down the side, and the third has backed into something.  ;D ;D

I did notice the damage, especially the tape where the cover used to be. Did you notice that they haven't shown us how the damage happened? I suspect that the rental company knew the RVs were gonna get tanked and has already written them off as "advertising" but I'd still like to see some of them trying to do RV things.

Wendy

Like Wendy, I'm still watching & hoping it will get better.  Last week's episode had a couple of "RV incidents": the attempt to get under a low overhead at the gas station, and things sliding off the counter top and into the kitchen sink.  Stupid lady immediately took the things out of the sink and put them back on the counter.

A couple of weeks ago, there was a brief shot of someone other than one of the competitors driving the RV while the family was being interviewed.

Jeannine

Jeannine said:
A couple of weeks ago, there was a brief shot of someone other than one of the competitors driving the RV while the family was being interviewed.

That has to be the case during most of the travels, as well as the campsite setups and fuel stops I'd imagine.  There's no way the show would stay on schedule if they were waiting on a bunch of RV newbie's driving around in 45' DP coaches.  ;)

scottydl said:
That has to be the case during most of the travels, as well as the campsite setups and fuel stops I'd imagine.  There's no way the show would stay on schedule if they were waiting on a bunch of RV newbie's driving around in 45' DP coaches.  ;)

Actually, those are 35' Bounder gas rigs on Ford chassis. But you are right,  no matter what they are driving. The thing I noticed is they never show them parking at all or cleaning a windshield, or........

jerryarlyne said:
Actually, those are 35' Bounder gas rigs on Ford chassis. But you are right,  no matter what they are driving. The thing I noticed is they never show them parking at all or cleaning a windshield, or........

cooking or emptying the holding tanks or making the beds or..............

I have no doubt that some of the inside "driving" shots are done when the coach is not moving.

This has to be the worst RV show ever made......

FrontrangeRVer said:
This has to be the worst RV show ever made......

& the worst reality show ever; never seen such boring and dumb challenges :p

......wonder if El Monte RV will ever recover from sponsoring this one ;D

maddog348 said:
I hate to admit I'm still watching ;D ;D

I begin watching it every week, but usually leave the room to do something else  :-\
Pat hangs in for it all, though, and fills me in later on the results :D

Dick and Pat said:
& the worst reality show ever; never seen such boring and dumb challenges :p

You must not have watched "I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here"  :p

Wendy

Gulp,

It is on our Tivo list and we also still watch it but rate it low.  I keep hoping for a kernal of RV  experience that it may share with others for some value but not so much  yet.................. 
Betty

Back
Top Bottom