RV undercoating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hpykmpr

Just kind of curious ,is it standard practice to have motorhomes undercoated to protect them from rust when they are new . My wife and I are contemplating having ours done and I was wondering if anyone else has and roughly what it cost. The quote I have gotten is 550.00 which seems a bit high to me but have nothing to compare it to . Any and all info will be appreciated . Thanks

Compare it to the cost of buying "X" number of cans of undercoating to do the job yourself.  It should be pretty cheap (less than $50?) and would not be difficult, just time consuming perhaps to get moved around under the rig and hit all the crevices.  One caution I've read about is to make sure you don't spray over water drainage holes, which is probably more of an issue with cars vs. RV's. 

It's probably the length of two average cars, so maybe a 2x price is commensurate?

I've never had one undercoated and on my last two the wheel wells and similar parts that get a lot of "weather" were already coated.  As Scotty says, you could buy 5-10 cans of spray at the auto parts store and do a pretty decent job yourself. I did one of my 4x4 vehicles that way - only took two cans for that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leblanc77
Back
Top Bottom