2004 Horizon LED Clearance light conversion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jeff,

There is a new Camping World in Vacaville, CA - not far from Sacramento and even closer to NAPA.  I have received over-the-counter replacements of my Shurflo 5.7 at Camping World.  I think I have become an expert in removal and re-install of the Shurflo pumps.  I am on pump number six.  I have quick disconnects on the electrical wiring and recently did the change-out in the Denton, Texas Camping World parking lot in less than 15 minutes.

Jeff,

There is another Camping World in Roseville, even closer to Sacramento

And if you have a few spare side-lites:
Right Side
Left Side

Makes nice light around the step. And where these are placed, illuminate a back portion of the step itself much clearer than the original single incandescent.

BucknJeff said:
I made it to Reno, with my lovely smart sensor 5.7 failing AGAIN. Shurflo is sending parts, meanwhile there are NO new ones available anywhere except the bay area. Ugh................ I love my roof air, and it only draws 15 amps at worst (13 when it's not 111 out!)

I installed Sureflo 5.7  #4 last summer at the GNR and, knock on plastic, it still works.  King Dome #4, along with a new tuner, power supply, display, finally works.

A roof air unit is on my to-do list!

@LK23 Thanks for the help. I called all of those locations in my first search, and only Vacaville had one. None of the others had one, nor did any of the local RV dealers.

@John My King Dome stopped working again yesterday. Ugh. Thats on my to call list for today. I thought the MOOvin view was bad..... sheesh.

I sold my dome satellite dish on eBay for $900 and purchased the MotoSat SL-5 for $1900.  Installed the MotoSat myself.  Now I have HD and two RG-6 cable runs to the inside for DirecTV DVR recorder.

John,

After four years, I found I had never used the in-motion feature.  And, with the Moto-Sat the signal is much stronger and no rain fade.

John Canfield said:
I just can't bear the thought of giving up my in-motion dome  :-\

I'll give up my in-motion King Dome when they pry the remote from my cold, dead hands.  After all, there's nothing better to keep the grand kids entertained and seated while underway!  :) 

Best Regards!

carson said:
Re the step light. I think I can add a bit of important info...

Yes, when the steps are powered up and the door is open, the light will illuminate.

Now, when the door is open and the steps are powered off, the light will go out. This may be important if one has the habit of leaving the door open, while parked and leaving the steps powered up. This will obviously consume battery power.

So in order to reduce parasitic current flow, it would be best to keep the steps out and turned off, at least during daylight hours.

Just a hint.

carson FL
Not mine. Step on or off; If the door is open, the light is on.
Sure is perty with the new LED's down there.

Hi Jeff,  I hope we are talking about the same light/s.

My case is the single incandescent lamp underneath the coach, not visible unless you crawl underneath. Th actual light beam is only visible at night.

Sounds like you have LED's around the actual external steps. Am I assuming correctly?

carson FL

carson said:
Hi Jeff,  I hope we are talking about the same light/s.

My case is the single incandescent lamp underneath the coach, not visible unless you crawl underneath. Th actual light beam is only visible at night.

Sounds like you have LED's around the actual external steps. Am I assuming correctly?

carson FL
No.. The pix were taken pointing up and into the Kwikee step just to show where I put the LED's without dealing with removing the incandescent fixture (see pix on previous post), they are totally invisible from the outside. HERE is a night shot of them. At least the step is now marked so you can see it. I'm thinking about tying it to the patio light just because it's cool and draws next to nothing.

Back
Top Bottom