Weight of Ultimate advantage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Len384

I just had my 40 FT 02 Winnebago Ultimate Advantage weighed at a truck stop scale and the front axle and the rear axle were both 2000 LBS under what the Winnebago specs say they are. It was weighed with a completely full fuel tank. The total weight was 4000 LBS under specs. Anyone else have an UA with similar weight results or was the scale off?

Not sure what you mean ...Winnebago tells you what the maxium allowable weights are for each axle (probably 12k front and 20k rear on yours), but they can't tell you what it actually weighs because that depends on fuel level, water level, waste tanks level, what you are hauling, etc.  Assuming your GVWR is 32k like my '03 is, what your truck stop weight tells you is that you can haul up to an additional 2k on each axle before you are overweight. In other words, your CCC (cargo carrying capacity) is 4k, which sound about right for an Ultimate Advantage.

Am I mis-understanding something????

Gross Axle Weight Ratings (GAWR) are maximum, not actual weights.  You have lots of room for more stuff :)  Most of us wish we had an extra 4000# of carrying capacity.

Thanks for the info. What is the GCWR which is 42,000 according to specs?

GCWR is your maximum combined weight of both the MH and the towed vehicle. Your coach has a 10k hitch, so with a GCWR of 42k you are good to tow up to 10k lbs.

My tire pressure right now is 105 front and 100 rear. However, that would be over-inflated for you!!  I am running at apx 31,000 lb just under my max. My tires are Continental HSL 275/80R22.5 LRH. According to the Continental tire chart, if I were running at your weights I would require apx 85 in the front and 80 in the rear. You need to download the mfg chart for your tires, and see what they recommend for your weight.

Thankyou. I do have the Michelin chart. Just wanted to make sure I was doing it correctly. Thanks for your help once again.

len384, i have the 02 UA as well.  Bought new tires last week, so had it weighed over the weekend.  mine doesnt weigh nearly as much as afchap but i dont carry a whole lot of stuff, just the normal weekend trip items.  it was 10060 front axles and 18300 on the rear axles.  that was loaded with fuel, water, and the 3 of us.  I run 90 psi in the rear and 95 psi in the front but that is according to the bridgestone R270 chart.

I bought 6 Michelin XZA3 H rated tires 2 months ago. I was also 10060 on the front and 17980 on the rear. Is it better to air the tires to the max weight of each axle to be safe.?

If you want a really rough ride, put the max air in the tires possible.  If you want the best possible ride, air the tires up according to the tire manufacturer's chart for your axle weight, and add an extra 5 or 10 pounds for a little safety margin.

Thanks. I just adjusted them to the maximum axle capacity which is 5-10 lbs over the Michelin guide. The tire dealer put the max pressure of 120 lbs. I'm at 100 in the front and 95 in the rear now with new Koni's. I used to drive a Mack cabover garbage truck so I'm a bit used to a rough ride. So much so the top of my head is now flat from being launched into the ceiling about 20 times a day. Thanks for the help you guys are a great source of info.

Len, my 01 is 11450 on the front and 17900 on the rear for 29350 gross.  I have a 31000lb GVW and a 36000 GCWV since I only have the 5k hitch.  I full-time, and am always fully loaded, those weights are with full fuel and water also.

Last year we changed tires, went with Michelin XZE's and went up to load range H.  I still keep 110 lbs in the front and 100 in the rear, mostly because I am concerned about sidewall flex.  The ride is a bit stiffer, but I feel a bit safer if that makes any sense. 

John

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlSpackler
Back
Top Bottom