Units Without "walk-thru" Bathrooms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BertD

My wife and I are planning on becoming full timers in around 18 months. We want a unit that has a "real" bathroom, not a walk-thru.

We plan on buying a used unit, probably a 2003 or 2004. Monaco's Dynasty Countess has such a floor plan but 41' is pushing the length envelope.

We have an older 30' TT, but don't pull it around much. It mainly stays on some property we have in TN. (We live in central IN) We don't have much experience and are concerned about getting into and out of places with something this long.

We plan on pulling a tow dolly with both my motorcycle and a vehicle on it. With a 41' unit the overall length will be approx 60'. I doubt that we will think something much smaller will have enough room but even 3' shorter might help.

Suggestions on other units would be appreciated.

I have a 35' class a with 2 slides and a variation on the bathroom.  It is a coachman with a head full tub and shower that can be walked through, but it has two doors that can be locked for privacy.  There is another door to the bedroom so you can get there without walking through.  I love this arraignment.  Also 35' with two slides is big enough to go anywhere but not too big.  Ample storage, tow capacity,etc.

We just bought an 01 Monaco LaPalma 36'.  It has a full bath across the back and a 1/2 bath in the conventional position between the bedroom and living area.

We had looked at a 07 Gulf Stream Crescendo that had a walk through bath with regular doors (not sliding) when the slide was in but when it was out it created a hallway around the bath.  I think it was a 36 also.

mphy98 said:
I have a 35' class a with 2 slides and a variation on the bathroom.  It is a coachman with a head full tub and shower that can be walked through, but it has two doors that can be locked for privacy.  There is another door to the bedroom so you can get there without walking through.  I love this arraignment.  Also 35' with two slides is big enough to go anywhere but not too big.  Ample storage, tow capacity,etc.

Thank you. What unit do you have?

I have a real bathroom in mine, but it is 45'L. I think there are some in the American line with a bathroom that is not walk through as well, especially the rear bathroom models, that are not real popular. You can probably get a good deal on one used.

What you want is called a "side aisle' floor plan, with the aisle at one side rather than thru the middle of the bath.  There  are quite a few of these floor plans around, though they come and go as the mood of the market changes.  There are also the rear bath floor palns, in which the location of the aisle is irrelevent.  Rear baths are popular in the 42-45 foot models, but there is not enough space for them in most 40 footer. Just keep looking around - you will have a good selection.

it is a santara coachman, really like to setup, as rv roamer said it is a side bath.  The full tub is a plus for the kids and wife.

Back
Top Bottom