Winnebag dash A/C control panel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carson

I have been trying to find the old thread on this subject...no dice.

There was a discussion on a disconnected cable at the rear of the of the dash control panel. The cable controls a valve in the engine compartment, switching temperature flow when dash A/C is turned on.

I know my cable is disconnected but do not know how to access it. A couple of pix below may help in getting some help..

The A/c is working fine but I cannot control it. Temporarily I have forced the valve into the proper position.

This is not en emergency but I wonder if anyone knows how to access/remove the control mechanism on the dash panel. The radio is easily removable but does not seem to give access to the A/C - heat control unit.

Anyone have an idea?

carson FL 89.2?

Attachments

• Dash pix 2.jpg
    Dash pix 2.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 90
  • Dash Air panel.jpg
    Dash Air panel.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 85
  • Dash pix 1.jpg
    Dash pix 1.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 71
Thanks much, Richard. I was hoping you would chime in. Don't know why I couldn't find that thread.

I guess we are 2 people in the wilderness.  ;D.    help......?anyone....?

The lift-able console does not seem to help my cause. How did they ever install the system?

Looks like there is the 2 of us against the World.

carson FL

I too have a ac/heat control problem on my 1994 winnebago brave.  The thermostat control was really hard to move then of course it broke.  I found the termination point on the heater box under the riders side of the coach burried under the little (to little) fold down hood of the brave.  There's just about enough room for two hands and not much more, checking oil and adding fluids is a chore because there ain't no space! (engineers never work on their vehicles_evidently!).  The termination point was a small lever that a sheathed cable moves with a detent at the end of the travel for the defrost.  This lever is what the cable moves to adjust and regulate the thermostat on the ac/heater. On moving the lever it was very hard to move, so I did the best thing i know....I squirted a some "rv fix all" (good ole WD40), all around this lever and pointed the wd40 nozzle to spray into the heaterbox around the control lever and tried to work it in the mechanism assembly to get at the friction points.  Worked really well, now the lever moves real smooth like a new one, but of course the cable is broke, so I don't have thermostat control.    on the '94 brave the the dash tilts up so i can get to the control unit behind the dash, but still there isn't much room...What makes it hard is that you can't see up there to fix it.  However; you can feel with your fingers the little arm that runs the cable...this is where my unit broke. So far, i've been to busy to mess with it and at 104 degrees outside this week it may be fall before i tackle it, We're gonna put the brave on the road to Pa. this october so I'm sure it will get fixed eventually!  haha! 

I found the factory info and instruction manual, but havent got any further yet.  Your unit looks very similar to mine, in fact almost identical. 
Here is the factory info on mine.

SCS/Frigette  Rv climate systems
customer Service  1-800-4331740,  1-800-433-2910
1200 W. Risinger Rd.
Fort Worth, TX    76134

I don't know about the phone numbers or even if the company is still in business, but for all it's worth 
I hope it'll help ya get back on the road! 

Mainbuss... Thanks for your post. Now there are 3 of us.

I did exactly as you did (the old WD-40 trick) . It is also hot here and I don't have the energy now to pursue this further.

I did find this website scs/frigette

Maybe if we all research this site we might find something. Stay in touch

carson FL

My heater/ as cable (1994 Vectra) has broken and is obsolete from Winnebago. I've spoken with them and they suggest RV salvage yards. Does anyone have knowledge of a custom cable manufacture that would produce just one cable? The part Winnebago number  103930-02-705. It is a Bowden cable 074-0011. Any help would be appreciated.

How long is it?  Looks like something you could whip up from a lawnmower throttle control cable.  Good bet there are "universal" cable kits you could replicate the sheath and core with, from there it's improvising the end attachment points. 

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM

Back
Top Bottom