Condensation in basement?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

murphy421

Hello all, I have a 2001 Rexhall Class A 32' motorhome with a problem that is just baffling?!? I keep getting condensation in the basement compartments of my motorhome?? Even when the temperature is in the 90's and the motorhome has sat idle for day?s ore weeks I notice condensation in the rear basement compartment when I open doors under the bedroom, above where the freshwater holding tank sits. I have not used the freshwater holding tank this season and has been totally drained since winterizing the rig last fall. The insulation inside, on the top of the basement compartment has condensation on it in the dead of summer? Has anyone ever experienced this problem before?? Thank you, Murph.

The ingredients for condensation are moist air and a cold surface.? You have plenty of moisture in 90 degree air; do you have a colder surface for it to condensate on?? Why would the basements provide the colder surface?? If not, then the water source is not condensation but a leak.

Murph

>> Has anyone ever experienced this problem before??<<

Sounds more like a leak...Fill your tank up & turn on your water pump. If you have a leak it will cycle on & off.

Terry
At Eugene, Or

Back
Top Bottom