Slide Lock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

John Mo

My '09 Sightseer 35J came with a slide lock bar -- it's a threaded, expanding support that goes between the wall and the lip of the slide on the front of the driver's side slide.

It's fallen out while moving 4 times now. So far, it hasn't landed on my head. :eek:

So maybe I'm "not doing it right." The trouble is that when I screw it in really tight, it breaks the rubber seal at the edge of the slide loose. I think one of the cases where it fell while moving was where the rubber had shifted under it despite it being screwed in good and tight. The inner lip of the slide where the rubber isn't is beveled so that the end of the slide lock slides toward the rubber seal as it's expanded, so I don't really see and alternative contact point other than burying the end in the rubber seal.

I've also just left it out a few times and I've about concluded that the benefit of this device is negligible. The slide doesn't seem to shift or wiggle without the slide lock installed. Has anybody just abandoned this thing or do I really need to use it?

Why don't you put it on the floor ?? ...won't have as far to fall.... will still keep slide from moving.  Mine has a 'safety' strap on lower edge of slide/floor.

maddog348 said:
Why don't you put it on the floor ?? ...won't have as far to fall.... will still keep slide from moving.  Mine has a 'safety' strap on lower edge of slide/floor.

I've been leaving it on the floor... next to the driver's seat. :p

There's a spot on the wall with some clear tape where it's supposed to be placed against the wall. I would guess that the area is reinforced for this purpose. Would probably be a huge pain to get it screwed into place behind the driver's seat too.

Back
Top Bottom