Rear slide shifts while moving

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

John Mo

The copilot reports that our rear slide moves quite a bit as we're going down the road. I think she's seeing the top part of the slide shift a little. I think it's probably not an issue, but I'm wondering if others have noticed that the slide units move a bit while under way. Thanks.

If really worried about it 'sliding out' ... cut a couple of pieces of 2x4 just to length and place between wall and inner frame lip of slide. But do not forget to remove them before trying to extend the slide.  Might 'remove' trim.  Just a thought.

John - you might want to run that by Winnie owner relations and see what they think.  I don't think it's a big deal, but best to hear that from the factory.  They are super-busy this week with the GNR, so give them a week or two to catch their breaths and then call.

I'm not really worried that the slide would deploy while underway.

I'm heading to my dealer some time soon with several issues. I'll run it past them and may give the factory service folks a buzz as well. Was curious if it was just the nature of the beast or a potential problem with my unit.

Do you hold the slide switch button down for a couple of seconds after the slide comes in?  If not, there might not be enough hydraulic pressue to keep the slide tight.  I had this problem once when my bride brought the slide in for me and held the switch until the slide just came in.  A little way down the road and it wiggled out about 3-4 inches.  I nearly had a heart attack when I saw it from my side view mirror.  :eek:

A little training for her and it never happened again.  ;)

Best Regards!

Old Snipe said:
Do you hold the slide switch button down for a couple of seconds after the slide comes in? If not, there might not be enough hydraulic pressue to keep the slide tight.

I don't believe mine are hydraulic. At the end of their travel both directions there's a clunk and the motor stops.

What's happening is not movement in the sliding part of the mechanism, but that the whole assembly seems to rock on its mount. The bottom doesn't move. The top heaves a little with turns.

I also have a 2009 35J and have not noticed the movement you describe, however, the slide will "wiggle" in its seals a little bit.  Now the slide did "settle" a bit rearward after the first 6000 miles of ownership (still within spec and still seals well).  However, I have no "in and out" movement in ours.  I would put a slide lock on the top of the bunk area or above the wardrobe to prevent that movement.

Old Snipe said:
Do you hold the slide switch button down for a couple of seconds after the slide comes in?  If not, there might not be enough hydraulic pressue to keep the slide tight.  I had this problem once when my bride brought the slide in for me and held the switch until the slide just came in.  A little way down the road and it wiggled out about 3-4 inches.  I nearly had a heart attack when I saw it from my side view mirror.  :eek:

A little training for her and it never happened again.  ;)

Best Regards!
ours was sticking out about 6" I alway's pull them in and hold the switch for awhile, I asked winnie about it, and never got a answer(nothing new) It has happened about 1/2 a dozen times, I keep my eyes on them constantly.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aquaticvegetation
Back
Top Bottom