Co-pilot's seat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smokeater1

In our 2005 Minnie 27'  the co-pilot's seat back is near vertical due to hitting the barrel seat. That is you can not tilt the seat back much past vertical. Has anyone tried to relocate the mounting holes in the barrel seat base to allow it to be moved aft an inch or two ? This would allow the front seat back to tilt more. ( I know moving the seat forward then tilting gives more, but we need the leg room ! )

Thanks,

Jack

I just moved the driver's seat of my 1990, 36', Southwind. It was simple.  There were four bolts holding the seat down to two 3" tall steel channels (apparently the former owner raised the driver's seat 3" with these channels, they certainly were not stock).  I then made two identical channels that were two inches longer, transferred the bolt patterns, drilled the holes, and reinstalled, no problem.  Hope this helps.

Steve

RV Roamer said:
You may need to move seat belt anchors too.

Right!  I was lucky and my seatbelt anchors were intregal to the seat which bolted to the channels.

Steve

I believe he is asking about moving the barrel chair and not the co-pilots seat.  On our previous MH, I did move our barrel chair for that exact reason.  The chair was bolted to the subfloor with lag style bolts.  I moved it about 6 inches rearward, drilled and installed new bolts and sealed up the original holes.  I am not sure how your's is attached but ours was an easy fix.

Double check under that seat.. You may be able to slide it forward an inch or two and then lean back..  (This is known as making sure it's plugged in before you call the service man)

True story: Yesterday was helping a computer user with something.. Her computer would not turn on.. I showed her the socket (power inlet) on the power brick and the outlet end of the power cord.. Uh, hu, you guessed it "Lady I think I see your problem already")

My thought was to use the existing mounting holes in the floor by re drilling the seat base. However your method of relocating the whole assembly would give lots more room. I'll have to look under the rig to see where I might have to drill first.
Thanks...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom