planning rv trip to the states. duration 12 months

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

peterrask

Hi there everyone!
We are a family of 4 from Denmark and we have been talking about renting an RV for 12 months and cruise the states. How do we go about it? Tried to get prices but I thought they wre a little steep. aroun 50.000 dollars. anyone got any ideas

Hi peterrask and welcome to the RV Forum. For a list of RV rental companies, click the Resources button above and scroll down. Maybe you could get better prices by talking to different companies.

Renting for a year will be expensive. For that time period, it may be more cost effective to buy a late model used RV (or maybe even a new one, if the price is right) and re-sell it afterwards. You take a big loss on the sale, but maybe less than US$50,000?

Welcome to the RV Forum, Peter!

What type of RV are you thinking about?  Motorhome or Fifth Wheel?  You may wish to consider purchasing a used RV as there are many for sale at this time due to the economic conditions, where people are trying to liberate themselves of extra expenses.

There are many more RV's on the market than have been before, but you would need to devote some time to look at them in person to ensure the vehicle is as it is is advertised.

If you have the time, you may wish to check out the areas of the Country where large numbers of RV's are on the marker such as Florida, California or Arizona.

I know there is an enormous selection in Florida, from dealers but also from private sales.

Another resource could be an RV broker.  I have had good personal experience with Harlan Ward at The Motorhome Brokers as have several people whom I know personally.  When dealing with Harlan Ward, it is the seller who pays the sales commission.

thanks everybody!
very helpfull advise. we will continue to plan our trip.
And steve. just email me what you would like to have translated, and I will be glad to translate it for you.
I can?t send personal messages. I don?t know why. but my email is: [email protected]

Hi Peterrask
Have you thought about Visa's and how your going to stay in the States for 12 months.

If you are think along the lines of a 5th wheel and pickup truck,I have a cracking outfit ready to tour that i will be putting up for sale shortly
Ian

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom