2004 Pace Arrow or 2001 American Coach Dream

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sheds

Hi
about to buy my first motorhome in the UK.  I have the choice between the 2 below:

2004 Pace Arrow
Petrol (Gas) Puller
27000 Miles
3 slides
immaculate inside

or

2001 American Coach Dream
Diesel Pusher
50000 Miles
2 slides
good condition inside

Any advice would be appreciated.  Plan to keep for 3 - 5 years.  Both motorhomes are for the same money.

If they've both been well maintained, either one will serve you well. American Coach is, of course, the high end division of Fleetwood, but the Pace Arrow isn't too shabby either. Diesel scores a plus for longevity, but you'll be unlikely to wear out the petrol engine unless you have some really high usage planned.

There are many things besides the engine and transmission that could give you problems, e.g. appliances, pumps, and exterior seals. That brings it down to condition and preferred floorplan. You pays your money and you takes your choice.

Whichever you choose, be sure to look at the checklists in our forum library. You'll find one or two that will help you check things out before handing over your hard earned money.

Both are excellent choices, dependable rigs with quality fittings. Fuel prices in the UK might be one determining factor, if diesel is priced more or less than petrol. Another might be maintenance expense - the diesel has  numerous filters to change and rather expensive ones too, plus a much greater volume of oil to change. If in the US I would go with the diesel because of the long distances and mountainous terrain, but in the UK or evn most of Europe that is less of a factor.

We have owned a model similar to the Pace Arrow and currently own an American Tradition and were quite pleased with both.

Back
Top Bottom