southwind lean

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

budthedog99

I own a 2007 32 southwind motorohome on a ford chasis.  I love the motorhome but the damn thing leans to the passanger side about 1.75" consistent on back and front.  has anyone heard of this being a normal thing for this motorhome or has anyone identified the issue?  I cant believe its a week leafspring.  I did buy it used but I remember it leaned then but I thought it was just the crown in the road.
When I make left hand turns it really leans :eek:.  can anyone help?

Yes, I have seen other reports of leaning coaches, right from the factory.

Here is one long discussion about a leaning Winnebago Sightseer:

http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php/topic,22603.msg218108.html#msg218108

You need to check the individual wheel weights, to see if loading or a factory weight imbalance is contributing to the problem. Also check it with and without water in the various tanks - that can have a big effect. However, it may just be poorly set up from the gitgo.

A rear anti-sway bar will help with the lean in the turns.

My first rig had a 2000 lb heavy L front wheel when it was first weighted. It did not lean because it was air suspension. Twas due to the Onan generator located just behing=d the wheel on that side.

I had a similar problem with my 2000 F53 chassis.  Ended up having the rear spring rate adjusted so that each side was equal.  If I remember correctly, this was done by adding a leaf to the right side.  Made a significant difference to the ride and handling as well.
Brian

thanks guys.  I was thinking of weighing the corners also. I had a feeling that this may be something inherent to the coach and would need an additional spring  thanks again.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom