Basement Air Problem 2000 Journey 36G

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

snowwing

Coleman-Mach model 6535 Basement Heat Pump
When I turn the unit to cool it will run for about a minute and then try to kick on the 2nd compressor and draw about 44 amps and bog down the generator, then kick out. I found this start capacitor burned up and went to a local motor rewind shop for a replacement capacitor. I replaced it and it  promptly burned up as I watched ? very exciting! The undamaged capacitor has a black device with yellow printing between the lug and the wire as shown in the picture. The new capacitor did not have this attachment. I disconnected the capacitor and  it runs on 1 compressor smoothly and cools but obviously not as well as both running. While not a common problem (burned start capacitor) it is not unheard of and information from another source seems to suggest that replacing the capacitor cures the problem ? obviously not in my case. My questions are ? What is this attachment and what does it do? Is it possible a compressor is locked up and must be replaced? Does anyone know a good source of parts for this unit  (not as easy to find as you would think)? Any advice? I will also post in the Tech Topic Forum.
Thanks!!
Ron

Attachments

• Damaged Start Capacitor.jpg
    Damaged Start Capacitor.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 57
  • Undamaged Start Capacitor with unknown Device.jpg
    Undamaged Start Capacitor with unknown Device.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 52
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts