FlyingJ food quality

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rhmahoney

FlyingJ food quality in the restaurant at Rawlins WY...bad, plus the salt content was really obnoxious. I am overnighting in their parking lot.

Saw 2 red tailed hawks in Iowa on Thursday, a non-roaming herd of buffalo in SD on friday and 3 pronghorns in WY today.

Is that typical of Flying J food? Only thing I've ever bought was their pasta salad which I really like.

Glad you stopped before dark !

Wendy

Russ, you are in  gas station that sells food.  You were expecting? 

When I was at LD there was a FJ next door.  Once in awhile we would go there.  The pizza isn't that bad, the buffet, I avoided after two times trying.  LD has the cafe, and while not great, wasn't all that bad.  Had better meals than FJ.

Oh, the ice cream sandwiches at FJ were good.  Get the one on rye, mmm.

SD & WY, you coming to see us?

Russ,

We stayrd at that FJ on our way to Rapid City, SD after the Torrey part of HSJ in May.

Front area was full of cars and UHauls so we ended up out back in the gravel part of the lot with a couple of trucks. Fueled, but did not eat at this FJ.

We are now at Camp Monaco. Very quiet. 2 other rigs here. Stopped by JC and Country Coach. THe Old service building is no longer CC. The old lot was empty. There were 2 coaches across the street from the HQ building (north side of 1st Ave.)

THere were five coaches at Shawn's and 2 at Countryside. Rehab business seems OK.

ken

Sue has informed me I am free to indulge myself at Flying J whenever I feel the urge-after I stop and feed her at a suitable restaurant! ::)

On our last refueling at a Flying J, my wife was captivated by an advertisement (conveniently located right over the gas pump) for a gigantic piece of chocolate cake.  Did I mention she's 7 months pregnant?  ;)  Anyway she went inside and got a piece "for the road", and except for its $5 price tag it was actually quite good.  We ate on it for a day or so.

We have breakfast at the Country Markets (the FJ restaurants) occasionally and have found them to be acceptable.

I am not supprised that the food was bad at FJ in Rawlins WY.  I stopped there last summer for refuel on the way home from Yellowstone.  It was one of the worst fuel stops I have ever tried. Housekeeping was sloppy at best, the card reader on the RV island was out of order and when I went in to prepay there was a line out to the door with only on register open. After waiting for what seemed like an hour (actually 5 minutes) I left .  Went down the road and fueled at a BP which was actually cheaper I an a fan of FJ, but this was the worst I have seen.

Tony

We've never eaten at a FJ.  How would some of you compare the typical FJ restaurant with the average Cracker Barrel?

RV Roamer said:
I'm not a big Cracker Barrel fan, but I'd give Cracker Barrel the edge with no hesitation at all.

That tells me a lot - because I'm not a fan of Cracker Barrel, either.

Cracker Barrel is consistent in their food, but it's not what I consider the greatest.  We do eat them frequently while on the road, however.  The FJ food is a bigger portion for less money so take your pick, either is acceptable IMO.  The omelets at FJ are much better than CB, but I eat both :)

J's vary, the restaurant is often independent of the J itself. (Own management etc) and though usually they have decent "Trucker Fare" I've been to some that had only a Wendy's.

Oh well.

rhmahoney said:
FlyingJ food quality in the restaurant at Rawlins WY...bad, plus the salt content was really obnoxious. I am overnighting in their parking lot.
Did you go on-line to Flying J and tell them what you thought?  It might get them to let people salt their food using the salt shaker.  I feel that way about black pepper, too.

Glad you're seeing some wildlife!

Linda

Our local FJ (New Caney, TX) has "acceptable" food.  It is not great, but, especially the buffet, but if you order from the menu the food is usually decent.  I believe it will probably be different at each FJ, so just mark that one as one of the "not better ones"!

I have eaten at a FJ buffet twice and personally I would rather starve than eat there again.

Probably, Barb, but they are consistent, like Cracker Barrel.  We've found the food to be acceptable, but we don't do the buffet but order from the menu.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom