Wow, a boating topic ...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

taoshum

I guess I never scrolled down far enough to see this until tonight.  Glad I did.  I've been active in the RV portions since I was introduced to the forum by Charlie when we were discussing the HWH problem I had with my, new to me, RV.  What I really wanted to do was get a sailboat or trawler and do the "Great Loop".  I feel very comortable attempting this but my DW is reluctant to take the leap into crusing and suggested that we try an RV first and see how we do with that... 

At this point I don't know if I'll ever get to do the "Great Loop" or not but I am enjoying getting to know a DP RV and who knows maybe it will be the route to many "Great Loops".

If anyone has made the "Great Loop" in a boat, I'd love to hear about it and what it took to do it.  I know there are many other forums where boating or even, "Great Loop" is the primary subject but since I'm starting with a RV and have received so much insight and help with the RV on this forum, thought I'd at least ask about the connection, if there is one.  I suspect that many folks have gone the other way, boats to RVs?

thanks, Gary. (PS the scroll thing is kicking in again)

Being a West coast boater, I hadn't heard of the Great Loop until reading your message, so had to Google to find the details.

I suspect that many folks have gone the other way, boats to RVs?

We bought our first RV to tow a fishing boat. Fiberglass fever subsequently set it, and the boat grew substantially more than the RV. We split our time between the coach, the boat, and the house.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom