weight limit for pop up bed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tbart16

I have a 2000 dutchman pop up I was wondering how much weight the beds will handle thanks

I suspect you would need to check an owners manual to find a definitive answer, but two 200lb people should work??

What geodrake said.

However, weight limits in manuals/mfg.stat.sheets  usually for static/stable weight under idea conditions.  Does not include 'sporting events'. ::) ::)

Check condition of bed platform often also all poles (check for 'dings' or creases that can weaken) and attachments. Make sure all seated properly & securely - some are fairly easy to dislodge working under/outside extended bed end(putting stuff away for night etc.etc.)  JMO

Have never had any bed collapse as long all braces and supports are in good working order. One thing that could happen is you have a restless camper always turning into sidewall slowly releasing Velcro, may find camper on ground in middle of night, big surprise especially if it was raining.  :eek:

I checked the manual of my Starcraft 1993 Meteorite and it says 500 lbs. on eachone. Again it depends on brand and model. Try to find your manual online.

Back
Top Bottom