Monaco RV LLC first rally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ArdraF

We just received an announcement for the new Monaco RV's First Annual "New Frontier" Rally at Beaudry RV Resort and Rally Park in Tucson, Arizona on October 26-30, 2009.  It's the first rally under the new Navistar-Monaco banner and it's open to all Monaco owners (including Monaco, Holiday Rambler, Beaver, Safari), as well as others who may wish to attend.  New products will be available for viewing and the usual seminars will be presented.  There will be a special seminar on the Navistar acquisition of Monaco.  Service will be provided to attendees at a reduced rate by Beaudry personnel.  The latter is the most notable change in the announcement.  The old Monaco was known for its large number of technicians at rallies.

More information is available at [email protected].  The announcement was from the Lifestyles e-magazine.

ArdraF

I got the same email. Zack, the Monaco Service Manager, mentioned it to Sheila yesterday when we were checking out of Camp Monaco.
We plan on attending the rally.

ken

Ken & Sheila said:
I got the same email. Zack, the Monaco Service Manager, mentioned it to Sheila yesterday when we were checking out of Camp Monaco.
We plan on attending the rally.

ken

Meeeeeee Tooooooo

PhilB

I wish we could attend, but we have another commitment.  :(  Do let us know how it goes and especially what the new owners have to say at that special seminar mentioned in the email.

ArdraF

Jim,

We miss you guys. We won't make it east until Winter 0f 2011/12. Basically 2 years from now.

Wish it could bwe sooner.

Jim,

We are in Tucson today for the first Monaco RV LLC (new corp) rally. Over 500 hundred rigs signed up.

I have one service issue and Beaudry techs have already been out to check it out. It will go in the shop Monday or Tuesday. The passenger side kitchen does not go out or come evenly and has "walked" towards the back of the coach.

Fortunately this coach has been petty good for a new coach since we do not have a Monaco Warranty. Also fortunate that I can fix many of the problems myself. The only big problems were Cummin's and they fixed those under warranty (turbo mod, replace air compressor and oil pan leak  - they had to jack the engine to get the pan out).

Have a good winter.

ken

We are in Tucson today for the first Monaco RV LLC (new corp) rally.

Ken, just curious - any Monaco techs there, or is all service provided by Baudry techs?

Several of our friends, including forum members, are at the rally. But, with 500 rigs signed up ....

We are at the Monaco rally - a day early and that is a good thing! Over 500 coaches coming. The RV Park has 401 spaces and some of those are taken by "seasonals" Beaudry has other sites with W/E in one of their lots (it used to be parking for service) and has brought in at least 6 large generator to set up temporary sites.

Service has already been out to look at our slide issue and said they will get us in the shop Monday or Tuesday. Norcold is scheduled to work on the Frig door. The Displays open tomorrow afternoon and the vendors area opens Tuesday morning.

One of our neighbors from HT is here as a vendor.

We will see what kind of reception the "New" Monaco RV LLC receives from the folks at the rally.

ken

Tom,

Monaco did not say there would be techs here but they are supposed to have a parts trailer here (I haven't seen that yet). I did see a Monaco Truck (like a 26 foot box truck) that said Service. The service sign-in area as all Beaudry, although they sent my Norcold repair request to Norcold who will have service here. 

I will say that so far it is very well organized. Beaudry is hosting a pre-rally party tonight serving dogs, brats, beer, wine and soda. I am passing on that menu for a quiet evening "at home".

btw, maybe this should be move to the topic under RALLIES  Monaco ?? (started by Ardra) where I posted a preliminary report today

ken

So moved Ken. Sorry you're passing on the party this evening.

Is there anything planned for a Monaco Rally during 2010, especially in the SE?  We're in SC and have a 2009 Contessa.

Hi Ken & Sheila,

We miss you, too. It's been waaaay to long since we've seen you. Many fond memories of our times together, especially the meal in Cloudcroft and Essex Junction! ;D ;D ;D Hope we do see you whenever you get back East. We're still planning on returning to the West sometime in the future.

Glad you were able to resolve all your problems with the coach. Sounds like you haven't had too many. The Dream is still going strong though I've had to fight a couple of water leaks. Hope I have them resolved now.

Wish you were still at Happy Trails as we have friends from TGO there now. Very nice couple. They may look up some of our Framily while there.

Jim,

While we no longer own at Happy Trails, we have rented Russ's other lot for the next year or so ---

Since this is our first year without my Mom, we are taking a week in Indio/Palm Springs. I have an Appt with my alergist/otologist at the House Ear Clinic in LA Monday. Rather than fly from Phoenix (my regular routine) we will drive in from Palm Springs. 

Next summer we are going back to the Northwest maybe looking at property for the future and we want to make some kitchen modification and I really like the work that Pro-Contracting (Eugene, OR) did in the Windsor.

We plan to come east the winter of 2011/12. Not sure if we will be coming from New England or Phoenix.

Most my problems with this coach have been Cummins. When we return to Phoenix in a week the MH has to go back to Cummins. We went back in last Thursday hoping to finally get a small hydrualic leak fixed (which while not Cummins supplied, Coach Care has worked on it 3 times), but they want at least three days. They now think the fitting maybe scored inside and one or bith side will need to be replaced. The top side is a Monaco custom fitting and would have to be send from Oregon, hence the three days. They can't check it out without draining the fluid and since refilling cost a couple of hundred bucks they want to complete the job. While there they also told me that there is an other campaign on this engine. If it is needed the work (they will run some tests including dyno), it will mean replacing the exhaust values, so that will take over a day.

This is after we spent 6 days at Coach care in GJ, CO have two oil leaks fixed and a day in Phoenix having the turbo rotated under another campaign. Both places also worked on the HD leak, along with CC in Coburg.

I am a little disappointed in Cummins/Coach Care at this point. But at least it is all covered by Cummins warranty( except the HD leak).

Enjoy the winter at TGO.

ken

someday you need to make it to our New Years Rally. 12 coaches signed up for this years "non=event".

Ken,

If you happen to run across Jim & Carol Avallone say hi for us. They have a site on Oak Cove but at the other end. We play dominoes with them once a week. The group actually plays twice a week. I gave them Russ, Phil and Tim's names. Maybe they'll run into them. Not sure just where they are staying at Happy Trails.

We certainly want to attend one of your New Year's parties. Just not sure what year! Hope we'll see you when you return East.

Is there anything planned for a Monaco Rally during 2010, especially in the SE?

We just received notice of a Monaco rally March 15-18, 2010, again to be held at Beaudry RV in Tucson.  This is a pre-rally before FMCA International in Albuquerque.  The Monaco International owners club is quite understandably in a state of change as it adjusts to the changeover from Monaco Coach Corp. to Monaco RV LLC.  I doubt they have anything else planned at this point, although they have always had rallies before the FMCA International Conventions and it looks like they're trying to continue this pattern.  After the Albuquerque rally, FMCA's next International will be August 11-14, 2010 at Deschutes Country Fair & Expo Center in Redmond, Oregon.  If you're new to Monaco, these rallies have always been the week before FMCA and location is dependent on where FMCA is having their rally.  In turn, FMCA attendance has grown so large that the number of possible venues has gotten much smaller.  Last July they had the 82nd International at Bowling Green State University, so they do try to alternate their rallies between the different coasts.  There's hope for you - but not in 2010.  FMCA has two large rallies each year with regional ones at other times.  In February the FMCA Southeast area rally will be in Brooksville, FL and in October the FMCA Eastern rally will be at Winston-Salem, NC.

Have you joined FMCA and/or Monaco International?  If not, it would be useful so you know when their rallies are planned.

ArdraF

PollackFamily said:
Is there anything planned for a Monaco Rally during 2010, especially in the SE?  We're in SC and have a 2009 Contessa.

As Ardra mentioned, FMCA's semi-annual conventions in 2010 are Albuquerque, NM and Redmond, OR. 2011 was scheduled for Pomona, CA and Indianapolis, IN. 2012 was scheduled for Perry, GA and Madison, WI. I might have Perry switched between 2011 and 2012. I believe that there is usually a fairly good representation of Monacos at the SE rally in Brooksville, FL each February.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awiltzius
Back
Top Bottom