Warranty Repairs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Saboteur

This is the First RV I've owned where I am not anywhere near an "authorized" dealer.  I will have to have repiars done locally and submit the repair orders to the manufascturer for reimbursement.  I am a little nervous of this arrangement.  Any comments/suggestions?

Thanks in advance!!!

Ger authorization in writing from the manufacturer before having the repairs done.  You may have to submit a quote first.

If I were in your situation I would do the following:

1. Contact manufacturer and discuss the needed repairs and let them know where you are located and what repair facilities are available.

2.  Ask your Manufacturer for recommendations regarding repair facility in the area you are located.

3.  Ask your manufacturer what actions they require to get the required  warranty work done in your location.

4.  then as Ned mentioned get authorization in writing before having work done.  The repair facility may or may not help you with this. 

Good luck and please let us know how it works out.

First give us an idea of what's wrong. 

Drive train issues (include engine, transmission, drive shaft, Differential, also included in this category are brakes and tires)

There is very iikely an authorised CHASSIS service center much closer than you think  I mean to get to my dealer, depending on what direction I drive, I pass 2 to 3 of them  (Different dealerships, all part of same company)  Heck, I take my car to one

Windshileld/windows issues...  Odds are any glass company can help you  Contact manafacturer and see if they will issue a P.O.

Body issues... If they are sufficent to prevent driving... That one you need an authorized body shop for... contact dealer as above

Generator and "Internal" issues, (plumging, electrical, AC (other than engine powered) and the like.... Drive to dealer

Thanks for the feed back.? I have a Freightliner dealer down the road a piece for chassis stuff (dumb A*@ me forgot when I posted the first question).? Also have a Cummings/Onan dealer in town.? I was more concerned with house issues and systems. I made the BIG, HUGE, Completely STUPID mistake of buying the RV from a dealer 1,000 miles away!!!!!? ?The manufacturer is making all the right noises but after reading so much on this and other forums I am leary of just how good their customer service will be.? I guess maybe I'm just paranoid but it seems like personal service is almost a thing of the past and I'm expecting the worst.

What's the make of your RV? 

As for service performed by a non-dealer on the coach...you may be better off if you can locate a service center with a good reputation.  Personally I have not had good experience with dealers and have opted to use the manufacturer's factory service center.

Also I have used a local service facility that has a good reputation with most manufacturers and who does warranty work as well.

Ask the manufacturer for a recommendation of a local service facility they like...you might be pleasantly surprised. 

In what part of the Country are you located?

My unit is a new Dynaquest 260 SL, I have been in touch with the manufacturer and they have told me to pick any local place I want.  I live in Grand Junction CO, just a little to the right of the middle of nowhere.  Town's got some RV dealers but only 1 that appears to be able to provide a wide spectrum of services.  The closest Dynamax dealer is 6 hrs away on a good day with no road closures due to rock slides.  Like I said the manufactuer is making all the right noises but I haven't had to actually get any repairs done other than an electrical problem on the chassis side that freightliner took care of in a heart beat.

How far is Grand Junction from Denver?

http://www.campingworld.com/stores/stores.cfm?store=27

They also have a collision center should you need that

Now, in an aside to other members (Hint to sysops. good point to split the thread)

Camping world offers an "Extended warranty" insurance policy... The only restriction (near as I can tell) is that you must have the repair work done at a Camping World facility (Some allowance I'm sure for cases where it's something like engine work and the nearest camping world is a 3 day drive, which means a 5 day tow) 

Any opinions on this from anyone who knows more about it than what I just posted?  I got a flyer, it's sitting at home near where this computer usually hangs out (A good hour's drive from where it is now)

Just wondering

Consider testing the place in question with one minor repair. ?Remain with your coach and watch how they work on it plus how the technicians interact with you. ?They should not refuse to let you remain with your coach and be willing to answer your questions in a helpful manner.

If they work without soiling your coach, place covers on the floor and show respect for your property while working in a competent manner, then you might consider giving them more work. ? It's always best to remain with your coach so the techs know you are around. ?People seem to work more diligently when supervised by the owner.

Camping World and Denver with its multitude of dealers is is about 4 hours away.  Don't know much about them or the sense of humor that seems to permeate some of these threads.  I get a sense that some of the folks out there feel camping world is less than stellar when it comes to service and like what you might get from a Monoco dealer.  Kind like the difference between Nordstrums and Wally World

Does  Dynaquest provide factory service?  If they do, you may consider making a trip to the factory wherever it is, combined perhaps with a vacation trip.  Get all your issues attended to all at once plus factory service often includes several upgrades at no charge on issues that have been improved since yours was built.

Camping World probably is not the place for getting serious repair work done.  They are much too busy for any meticulous work or something that might require diagnosing.  Probably OK to install a roof vent or awning,  but CW would not be my first choice for service.

Better to find an independent family owned RV service facility whose reputation you can verify in advance if you choose to go that way.

Thanks for all the great suggestions.  Steve, I had not thought of going to the factory.  I don't want anyone to take this the wrong way but the factory is in Elkhart IN.  I don't ever go east of the rockies.  Mostly because even after 30 years I haven't finished up out here in the west.  I expect a trip east to see the fall colors or to take in the coast would be in order but not in our current plans.  Also, quite frankly that many people in one spot and the traffic would make this desert rat eat his own tail.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom