We WILL have a Southeast Fall Rally This year!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OK, after input from several folks and dovetailing our plans with the Reavis', we have decided to hold the Southeast Fall Rally  from 10/28 - 11/1. That would seem to give the most people an opportunity to attend. Put that on your calendars - it won't change unless Ii run into a problem getting a campground on those dates.

I'm working on a place near Charleston, SC, but that's not definite yet.

Well I am not surte if this Rally is open to members of this forum or not as this is my first year belonging to this forum, but if it is I may be able to attend. I will be in Charlotte, NC Oct 15-18 and then in Florida Oct 19-25, so if it is before my Charlotte trip itr may work out. Let me know the details. 

David & others,
All forum members and their friends are welcome - the more the merrier.

For those who haven't attended one of these before, there are no registration fees and little in the way of organized activity. It's just a bunch of friends camping together and each of us participates as much or as little as they feel like. We usually have meals together each evening, either a pot luck or someone volunteers to prepare something for everyone (e.g chilli or a stew) and we often go out to a restaurant one night.  The ladies usually get up a shopping trip or two and the guys may go off for a lunch or to tour some "man thing" (e.g. the aircraft carrier Yorktown is anchored at Charleston). People make ad hoc plans to visit local tourist attractions.  We have happy hour  every day around 4 pm and a campfire in social in the evening, weather permitting. We chip in for extra expenses, such as firewood, but mostly people just donate whatever is needed and we never come up short.

Looks like the dates are after Maryland-david's trip to Florida, though. 10/28-11/1.

I'm going to start a separate thread with the rally announcement and further info and details as they develop.

See http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php/topic,24973.0.html

Gary,

Darn!!!! we won't be able to attend as we will be in CT for our 50th High School reunion. I'd much rather be at your rally!!!!

Dave,

I have my priorities in order but was overruled!! ;D Would much rather be at the rally. Must keep the other half happy or I won't be happy.  ;D

Jim Dick said:
Dave,

I have my priorities in order but was overruled!! ;D Would much rather be at the rally. Must keep the other half happy or I won't be happy.  ;D

I'll chime in for Ron Ruward...  "If Momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy."

KodiakRV said:
I'll chime in for Ron Ruward...  "If Momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy."

Hi Frank,

Isn't that the truth!!!

Been meaning to call you. We are at TGO for the summer. Maybe we can get together sometime.

Jim Dick said:
Hi Frank,

Isn't that the truth!!!

Been meaning to call you. We are at TGO for the summer. Maybe we can get together sometime.

Hey, Jim!  Just saw this post.  We're here until 9/25, then we're going to try to take a 3-week trip up maybe as far as Gettysburg and back.

KodiakRV said:
Hey, Jim!  Just saw this post.  We're here until 9/25, then we're going to try to take a 3-week trip up maybe as far as Gettysburg and back.

Frank,

We're at Gary & Nancy's right now but will be back on Tuesday. Let's try to get together before you leave.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom