Moved water inlet away from sewer hose

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Art In Mobile

I have never liked having the drinking water and the sewer hose in the same compartment on my Voyage. I have 2 large water filters and adjustable regulator  in the small bay compartment just behind the rear wheel. I added a 4 inch screw in cover (using a 4 ? inch hole saw) Beckson Black Cover # 103564 $16.99 (you boat types will recognize it) on the plastic fender skirt just behind the before mentioned compartment. I then installed a male water inlet  fitting West Marine # 398687 $19.99 (chrome over brass used a 1 1/8 hole saw ) to the metal skirt  and plumbed it to the water inlet side. It is on the metal skirt and sealed so no critters can enter. Now all I have to do is unscrew the black cap with my hand and hook up the hose to the quick disconnect. In the photo you can see the male water hose fitting with the female quick disconnect on the end.  I use quick disconnects on my water hose.  The female quick disconnect just fits & I can still screw on the black 4 inch cover. Now the water inlet is no where near the sewer hose and I don?t have to bend down under a compartment  cover door to get to the water connection. I realize this is only practical for the coaches that do not have the automatic reel.  Art

Attachments

• Close Up.JPG
    Close Up.JPG
    26.9 KB · Views: 76
  • Side view.JPG
    Side view.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 73
I will say that was one of the things that attracted me to the Meridian.  Winnebago had someone intelligent enough to put the sewer connection and hose in a compartment all by itself.  Don't know how many of their coaches they did this on or how many years they continued doing this but I know I could never go back to all the utilities in the same compartment. 

Glad to see someone else feels the same way I do.

Allen

Wagonmaster2 said:
I will say that was one of the things that attracted me to the Meridian.   Winnebago had someone intelligent enough to put the sewer connection and hose in a compartment all by itself.   Don't know how many of their coaches they did this on or how many years they continued doing this but I know I could never go back to all the utilities in the same compartment.   

Glad to see someone else feels the same way I do.

Allen

They're back in the same compartment in 2008. My 01 Suncrusier also had them in the same comparment.

Our 05 Sunova has them in separate compartments. The trade off is one less basement storage, but I think it is worth it.  Once, while still a relative newbie, I had a small accident during the black water dump. There isn't enough bleach water in the world to make me feel that compartment could ever be used for anything else.....  :eek: 

Back
Top Bottom