Walleye fishing near the White River

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rick and Cheryl

We fished the White river last year, and had a great time, so we are going back this year.  We will be staying near Cotter at Denton Ferry RV park.  Somewhere in our travels, I ran into a couple that said there was also walleye fishing nearby.  Does anyone know where to go for Walleyes in NW Ark?

Not that trout arent fun to catch, but walleyes are a lot better to eat.

Rick, I have also heard that some walleye fishing exists in that area, but I suspected that they may actually be a "walleye hybrid" or maybe a "Sauger".  In any case, I doubt they would be as tasty as those walleye caught in the colder northern waters.

Let us know what you find out.

BTW - Dave Mitten may know something about that area.  He lives right there at Bull Shoals.

There is great Walleye fishing in the lake above Bull Shoals dam on the White River.  The world record was caught in the lake.  It is just a few miles from the Denton Ferry RV park.  The trout fishing is better! :)

Just step out behind your rig and start catching large bows and browns.

Don

Rick- the walleye fishing is outstanding in NW Arkansas! Bull Shoals Lake has hosted a number of PWT tournaments, and Norfork Lake is just as good. And no, they're not any kind of hybrid and they're not "saugeyes".

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom