work camping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mohawk49

Hi,,i was wondering if anyone on here did any xmas tree lot sales in workcamping,OR pumpkin lots,,this will be my really first workcamping job on the road.any ideas?,i am goin to suscribe to workcamper news,but,just wanted to get some views from you all,,thanks, ;D

We have workamped at several campgrounds but never at sales lots. I knew one couple that picked apples. They had fun but it was physically demanding work.

Hi,
My husband and I worked a Christmas tree lot in Florida.  Sounded like fun at the time.  We ended up working over 12 hours each day (hard manual labor) plus we supplied the security for the lot as well.  If you want a deeper blow by blow description let me know.
Regards, Kathy  [email protected]

Well... Come 2 weeks and a couple ofdays, from now I'll be moving to a small box in Davison Michigan it appears (Rent is $108.00/year plus postage to forward mail) or to a box in ohio (Have not priced that one.. But the Michigan box I can "Reside" in. Ohio I don' think I can, and I do plan on spending about six months in Michigan so I'm legal here.

I NEED MONEY.. So once I get that done,,.. I plan on heading toward I-10

I would like suggestions for short term jobs.. I mean if I clear parking plus 200 a month, That would meet my needs I think, more would be nice.

Person of many talents.

mohawk49 said:
Hi,,i was wondering if anyone on here did any xmas tree lot sales in workcamping,OR pumpkin lots,,this will be my really first workcamping job on the road.any ideas?,i am goin to suscribe to workcamper news,but,just wanted to get some views from you all,,thanks, ;D
Depends how physically hard you like to work. Pumpkin lot was fun.  Lots of kids with smiling faces, photo's being taken. etc. Although I have learned never -to-say-never; WE WILL NEVER WORK A X-MAS TREE LOT AGAIN!  'Nuff said?

There are  jobs that allow you to keep your RV on the premises. Those ought to pay like a real job, commensurate with the labor involved and the hours worked.  Then there are campsites that have some opportunity for part time work to help defray camping costs. Those don't pay much but you are camping more than working.
I would consider a Xmas tree lot  to be in the "job" category, especially if you are on security duty after closing. That's an 18+ hours a day job as well as being physically demanding. Make sure the pay is worth it!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom