new RV w/o a screen, what to do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

2KViggen

We purchased our Bounder 38P from a local dealership back in June.  Upon finally picking up the RV & taking it out for a night to make sure everything works (which it didn't) we realized that 1 of the windows does not have a screen in it.  The dealership claims that the manufacturer of these window screens is now no longer in business & that they have had no luck locating a manufacturer who can make a screen for us.  Does anyone have any suggestions on where to look to get this fixe?  Kinda sucks not being able to open up the windo which is above 1 of the couches on the side of the awning.

if you can figure out how to get the window apart enough to slip it in, Home Depot/Lowes/Menards all sell screening material by the foot.

A RV salvage lot may have a screen to fit the window.  Most windows come from Hehr or SEGI.
There is a list of RV salvage places under the RESOURCES button at the top of the page.

thanks for the info.... again .... everyone :)

My thing with lowes/home depot is it would be to difficult for me to make the framing to fit properly

I see Hehr has a facility not to far from me (few hr drive) & I could take the RV to them if needed.  The local dealership is suppose to pick up the bill but I will not hold my breath on that. 

The screens in RV windows are pretty simple. Even the radius corner windows usually have rectangular screens. Pop one  of the other screens out and visit some places that do screens and see if they can make one like it.

Back
Top Bottom