Cummins Engine Serial Number location

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

garysu

I traded my gasser in on a pusher and trying to find the serial # for the engine. It's a 2006 Mandalay 40F with a Cummins ISL 400 HP.
I've crawled under the engine looking for this serial# without success.

Any help will be appreciated.

Gary

Look on the top of the engine, on the valve covers, for a plate with the information.

It's not on top on an ISL - it is kind of buried.

The engine data plate is located on the top side of the gear housing, which will be in the lower right quadrant when viewed from the access door at the rear of the coach.  If the engine data plate is not readable, the ESN can be found on the engine block on top of the lubricating oil cooler housing. Additional engine information is on the electronic control module (ECM) dataplate.

ESN - Engine Serial Number

For other Cummins engines and their data plate location, see:
https://quickserve.cummins.com/info/qsol/service/find_esn_tip.print

Ned and Gary,

Thanks for the info. I'll pull the cover today.

Gary

I think you have about the same chassis I have - a Freightliner with IFS (and I have the ISL as well.)  It's a good chassis and the ISL has plenty of power - we've been quite pleased with ours.

If it is a Freightliner chassis you can call Freightliner Customer Service - 800-385-4357 with your chassis serial # and they will give it to you - along with a ton of other info - filter #,s part #'s for anything chassis related,  etc...
Ron

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awiltzius
Back
Top Bottom