Moab 2006

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phil

Yes friends, 2006.  There are a few diehards that want to visit Moab again next year.  8)

The Moab 2006 RV Forum Rally will be Friday, April 28, through Sunday, May 7, 2006 at the Portal RV Park in Moab, Utah.  As in past years, some people may arrive before Friday and some people may stay beyond Sunday.

The Portal RV Park has become so popular that we have to get the spaces blocked out in advance.  :mad: 

If you have a space reserved for the 2005 rally, you have TWO WEEKS to confirm that same space for 2006.  If you want to arrive before April 28 or stay longer, you can tell them when you confirm your reservation.

If you want a different spot next year or if you don't have a spot this year and do want a spot next year, you will have to wait until after March 23, 2005 to get the reservation.  Annie will put you on a waiting list if you tell her you are with the RV Forum Rally group.

The phone number for Portal is 800-574-2028.

Phil

Good on ya Mate.  Sure glad you have planned ahead Phil.  Sam & I have phoned in our reservations at Portal for 2006 arriving 26 April through the 7th of May 2006.  Yep we are diehards that really enjoy Moab area.  We will be seeing you Sat at Russ's. :D :D

Ok folks now is the time to get those reservations in for next year. ;D ;D

Hi Phil

Do we confirm with you or with Portal's? Last year you took on the 2005 site allocations.

Tom said:
Hi Phil

Do we confirm with you or with Portal's? Last year you took on the 2005 site allocations.

Tom,

Actually, last year most of the sites were repeat customers.  We did keep a list to make sure no one was lost in the process.  I will be happy to keep a list if you like.

Phil

OK thanks for clarification Phil. Now I'm concerned that I might not have a reservation  ???  I'll call Portal's.

I just spoke to Annie and although she doesn't have 2006 in her computer yet, she is recording reservations for later entry.

Tom,

Do call Portal Annie is there now.  I did mention that you would be calling and that I thought you would want site 14 again next year.

That's why I'm confused Ron. The list that Phil had last year showed me in a full hookup site. I recall talking to Annie at the time and she said that they'd be mailing out confirmations around Feb or Mar. I'd better call.

OK here's the story, and everything is just fine  :)

Last year we were in 3 different locations, including a couple of nights in the field, some nights with E & W, and the remainder full hookup. We were not repeat customers last year. Annie has us in site 14 for the duration this year (and now also 2006), which is a full hookup site.  ;D

BTW Ron, if you haven't yet noticed it, could you please check your PM for a msg from me. Thanks.

Isn't site 14 a full hookup site.  ?Site 14 is on the end of the row we are on and I think they are all full hookup.  Glad it worked out right.

Tom said:
OK here's the story, and everything is just fine  :)

Last year we were in 3 different locations, including a couple of nights in the field, some nights with E & W, and the remainder full hookup. We were not repeat customers last year. Annie has us in site 14 for the duration this year (and now also 2006), which is a full hookup site.  ;D

BTW Ron, if you haven't yet noticed it, could you please check your PM for a msg from me. Thanks.

Oh Ye of little faith.  ;D

Phil

Oh Ye of little faith.

lol Phil, I had full faith in you until you posted your earlier message which I took to read that last year's repeat customers (from 2003) were the ones with reservations for this year. Ohj heck, this is all too confusing for me. Suffice to say all is OK. Thanks for taking care of us Phil!

BTW do you have the 2005 list? Would be good to post it here.

Tom said:
lol Phil, I had full faith in you until you posted your earlier message which I took to read that last year's repeat customers (from 2003) were the ones with reservations for this year. Ohj heck, this is all too confusing for me. Suffice to say all is OK. Thanks for taking care of us Phil!

BTW do you have the 2005 list? Would be good to post it here.

Sorry for the confusion, Tom.  The repeat customers were in attendance at 2004 and getting spots for 2005.  There were a few that missed 2004 and wanted to get on the list for this year.

I'll try to get a revised list for 2005.

Phil

Ron_Staff said:
Following are changes that I'm aware of.  There may be other changes

Replaces 
1 Chet Parks 5/01-5/11        Darrigo 5/01-5/11
2 Bullock 4/28-5/11
3 Brewer 4/28-5/08
4 Ruward 4/28-5/11
5 ??                                    Underhill 5/01-5/11
6 Mahoney 5/01-5/11
7 Reiter 5/01-5/11
8 Fitzgerald 4/28-5/11
9 Woods 4/28-5/11
10 Marabito 5/01-5/08 (subsequently extended to 5/11)
11 Johnson 5/01-5/11
12 Miller 5/01-5/11
13 Lynch 5/01-5/11
14 Jones 5/01-5/11
15 Dobrin 4/28-5/11
20 Thomas 5/01-5/08
23 Spiller 5/02-5/11
24 Lassen 5/02-5/06
25 Dicks 5/01 - 5/11                  Sharp 5/01-5/11
28 ???
36 Mooneyham 5/01-5/11

Mike has reservations but I'm not sure which sight.  Maybe he can get Underhills if its still available

Feel free to update as appropriate.

Ron,

Any chance you can get us back into site #8?  Last year due to your mix up we got busted to site #25. We have had site #8 since the first rally at Moab. We plan to attend the 2006 rally but won't be there this year to reserve a full hookup site.

Richard

I am confirmed for 2006 with the standard dates and my same site.

Phil

We have just re-upped for April 27-May 8, space 15. Marlene wants a guarantee that we won't see 100? temperatures that late. ;D ;D

BernieD said:
We have just re-upped for April 27-May 7, space 15. Marlene wants a guarantee that we won't see 100? temperatures that late.

Bernie,

Tell Marlene that she has my absolute guarantee that the weather in Moab for the rally in 2006 will be absolutly perfect.  ::)

Phil

[/color]

Ron,

Any chance you can get us back into site #8?? Last year due to your mix up we got busted to site #25. We have had site #8 since the first rally at Moab. We plan to attend the 2006 rally but won't be there this year to reserve a full hookup site.

Richard

Richard,

Sorry I missed your message. 

I'm not sure what I can do.  I will get back to you.

Ron

Maybe we will finally make it in 2006!  We caught the last year for Centermost and went on from there to scout the Moab campgrounds in behalf of Barbara, who was sort of the organizer at the time.  Never made it back to Moab while our gang was there, though. Missed it by only two weeks in 2002.[sigh]

Gary

You'd better get your reservation in now, or you'll have to use one of Ron or Bernie's portable hookups in the field. Do you have the number for Portal RV Park?

OTOH the field isn't that bad. We spent several nights there last year. See photo.

Attachments

• cj_moab.jpg
    cj_moab.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 9
Back
Top Bottom