Maiden Voyage to Thomas' Spa

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lucyakers

I was pampered and well fed at the Fred & Daisy spa in Sierra Vista, AZ. Recommend it highly!

Leaving tomorrow for WY to mother-in-law's in Wheatland and will return in tandem with George in a couple of weeks.

(Terry: I'm backing trailer in to RV port. It's 15' wide so maybe that doesn't count for the practice I need! But you are right, I do still need lots of practice; still turning the wheel the wrong way at first. It was easier when sitting on tractor!)

Hey Lucy, don't feel bad about the backing up.  I've been hauling trailers of various sorts for years, but the 26' TT for only the last year or so.  For whatever reason, backing a boat or my utility trailer I have no problem.  But as soon as I hook up that dang TT, my sense of which way to turn the wheel just vacates my brain!  Once I get it "straightened out", so to speak, I've gotten pretty good at backing into even tight spots.  But that initial start....dang!

Congratulations on your successful maiden voyage. ?Yes, Fred and Daisy do take good care of their friends.

Say hi to George for us.

Hi lucy,

Congratulations on your maiden voyage!! I agree the Thomas Spa is the greatest. Only problem is one tends to eat too much! :)

Say hi to G when you see him.

Lucy

>> I do still need lots of practice; still turning the wheel the wrong way at first.<<

Me too...I'm horrible when backing in my 14' boat at the boat ramps, it go's everywhere but where I want it to.<G>

Terry
At Eugene, OR

We tried to fatten Lucy up a little but she is mostly a "salad" girl.  Wished she could have stayed longer but there is a schedule.  Her new trailer is a jewel and she is good at doing all the RV'ing things.  Looking foreward to a trip here with George.

With Fred's help at first, I had a fun trip to WY. No problems but lots of gas stations! Tank holds 26 gal and I tried to keep it half full when I didn't know for sure what was ahead and only getting 10 mpg average, maybe 7 going up mountains.

Drove mostly from midnight on so hard to find gas sometimes. Had a frontage road trek in Vail, CO and a traffic circle and a back-up somewhere else. All in all, arrived here in good shape.

Now I need a dish for my new TV. Any suggestions?  I'll go to other section when I come back to library with my laptop and wi-fi. Restricted time on their computer today.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awiltzius
Back
Top Bottom