2010 QUARTZSITE Rally - Info & Signup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bob-

Cindy and I will be arriving on Sunday - we'll be in Blythe at the bluegrass festival Friday and Saturday.

Building fire rings is probably easier than hauling the washtubs, too. BTW Betty, I thought he meant the tubs were there, too.

Wendy

Oh sigh..............lost wsh tubs.  At anyrate a reminder to folks to wear old jackets as the fire can pop and burn nice cinder holes  in your warm gear.  Spoken from  experience. 
Betty

Jane B said:
What is "PM me" (sorry, kind of new to this!)?

Sorry, Jane -- that's for Personal Message. You can do that or email me. Note the icons under my picture to the left. Run your cursor over each one to display text of it's funtion. I'm on line plus get email from my Smart Phone most of the time so email would be OK.

Wendy said:
Don't know about Death Valley after Qtz. I'd kind of like to do DV before Qtz and then head to San Diego after Qtz but we haven't made any plans yet except December at Anza-Borrego and FMCA Indio and Quartzsite in January.

Wendy,

This evening at an abbreviated (chilly) happy hour at Catalina State Park there was a discussion about a Death Valley trip after the Quartzsite rally. Are you and Mike still considering leading a group to DV? There seems to be quite a bit of interest.

Richard

RLSharp said:
Are you and Mike still considering leading a group to DV? There seems to be quite a bit of interest.

We're still debating. Right now, we're thinking about heading south from Qtz, doing an Algodones run, spending some time in Yuma, and then heading east across the southern end of Arizona and New Mexico before the FMCA rally in Abq. We're almost for sure doing DV next year because there's a Coke convention in Las Vegas in February.

We can have an interesting discussion around the campfire in Qtz.

See some of you there, some of you in Indio.

Wendy
Salton Sea SRA

Dan and Cheryl, We don't guarantee you won't shiver in Quartzsite but you probably won't and you WILL have fun !

See you there.
Wendy

Hi Bob,

I was hoping to make it this year but it is not looking good. My surgery seemed to go fine until a couple of weeks ago, Now I have some fluid on the lung and am still having some bladder problems. With all the Dr. appointments I have scheduled it doesn't look like we will be able to get there this year.

Please say hello to everyone for us and we will just start planning for 2011.

Take care my friend and stay healthy,

Jerry & Arlyne Ray

DAN L said:
dan and cheryl loucks. we are currently shivering in sw washington. this will be our first time at qz. arriving about 15 jan 10.

It is nice to read that you will be attending, Dan and Cheryl!! Let me know if you have any questions about the directions -- or whatever other concerns you may have. Will look forward to meeting you in a few weeks. Your names have been added to the sign-up list.

Click HERE to view the list of 34 signees to date.

jerryarlyne said:
Hi Bob,

I was hoping to make it this year but it is not looking good. My surgery seemed to go fine until a couple of weeks ago, Now I have some fluid on the lung and am still having some bladder problems. With all the Dr. appointments I have scheduled it doesn't look like we will be able to get there this year.

Please say hello to everyone for us and we will just start planning for 2011.

Take care my friend and stay healthy,

Jerry & Arlyne Ray

Sorry to read that you will not be attending - but it appears they are taking good care of you, Jerry. Get better soon and yes, we will look forward to seeing you in 2011. The way time seems to move along lately, the won't be too far down the line for all of us.

My regards to Arlyne . . .  :)

RLSharp said:
Please make Sharp, Richard and Linda (NY) 1/16 #35. Thanks.

Thank you, Richard! 35 may just be a record . . .  :)

Appreciate your doing the formatting for me!!

Click HERE to view the list of 35 signees to date.

Better hurry and sign up folks -- last I checked there was only a little over 11,000 acres of BLM parking remaining.  ;)

Jane,

It was nice to meet you and Bill. Sorry you didn't know about the rally here at Catalina.

See you at Quartzsite.

Ken & Sheila

Hi Bob,

I had a chance to visit your web site and certainly enjoyed the information.  As a point of information  I spoke to Fred and Daisy today ( who are flattered to be featured  on the home page)  and they informed me the first Quartzsite RV Forum Rally happened in 1994 so if my math is correct  the Forum Quartzsite Rally may be  16 years old. Daisy indicated there were 42 coaches in attendance ( in and out) one year.  Boy oh boy what a tradition, what a social phenomenon, what a Forum.  We look forward to  being there trying to look young.

Betty and Terry

Bob,

Please add Dean Stock to the roster.  I will be arriving one day late, on the 17th.  As of now it will be just me and possibly Sherlock the cat.  I am still working on Linda.  It sounds like it is going to be a good group this year.  I am looking forward to it.

Dean

Dean Stock
Cypress, CA

Dean & Linda Stock said:
I am still working on Linda.  It sounds like it is going to be a good group this year.  I am looking forward to it.

You and Sherlock keep working on her....it's a grand bunch of people and we have lots of fun. If she really doesn't like it, she can take the toad and go home and never go again.

Wendy

Dean,

You tell Linda she just HASTA come!  We want her cheery face with us - and you too of course!

ArdraF

Dean & Linda Stock said:
    Please add Dean Stock to the roster.  I will be arriving one day late, on the 17Th.  As of now it will be just me and possibly Sherlock the cat.  I am still working on Linda.  It sounds like it is going to be a good group this year.  I am looking forward to it.

Thank you, Dean -- have added your names to the list, with Linda tagged as "hopeful".  :)

Click HERE to view the list of 36 signees to date.

Note: If you want to print a list of those planning to attend, I find the best way is to 1st highlight the list -- then select the print option from the file menu. From there click the Selection option. The numbering is bulleted so may not appear when selected, however, should show up on the printed copy.

Betty Brewer said:
I had a chance to visit your web site and certainly enjoyed the information.  As a point of information  I spoke to Fred and Daisy today ( who are flattered to be featured  on the home page)  and they informed me the first Quartzsite RV Forum Rally happened in 1994 so if my math is correct  the Forum Quartzsite Rally may be  16 years old. Daisy indicated there were 42 coaches in attendance ( in and out) one year.  Boy oh boy what a tradition, what a social phenomenon, what a Forum.  We look forward to  being there trying to look young.

Thank you, Betty -- glad to read that you enjoyed the website! Fred and Daisy are such an important part of this rally they for sure deserve to be featured right up front.

Have corrected the numbers.  Actually, my math is pretty good. It's my 3rd grade arithmetic that causes me problems. :)

Back
Top Bottom