2010 QUARTZSITE Rally - Info & Signup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Actually Bob, after getting the cobwebs out of the brain cells, I think the first QZ rally was in Jan. 1995, and there were 11 people in our non-slide Bounder for pot-luck.  Fred and I, and Terry Brewer are the only "charter members" still on the forum.  We didn't keep the lists of attendees at all the ensuing rallies, as being full-timers for awhile, we didn't think it particularly something to keep track of.  But now, seeing the longivity of this rally, I wish I'd have at least kept a computer file.  It would have been fun to see the names again.

I also want to thank you (which is long overdue) for the very nice headline attention.  As Betty said we are flattered and appreciative.  And never in our wildest dreams of those early days, would we have thought this Rally would endure so.  Who would want to come back to this dusty, desolate place on the planet year after year after year............. :-X    ;)

Daisy

Bob,

Tim and Jan Lynch will arrive Jan 15th, but will have to be back in Surprise the 20th.

Tim & Jan

Daisy said:
I think the first QZ rally was in Jan. 1995, and there were 11 people in our non-slide Bounder for pot-luck.  isy

We were there for the second in January 1996.  We bought our Bounder at the end of the rally in February.  I remember Lucy and George Akers, Terry and Betty Brewer, the Zambeninis and you and Fred were there.  Possibly Don and Betty Jordan?  Russ Mahoney?  John Wilson?  CJ Allen?  Too much strain for the old brain to remember accurately, I guess. 

You two surely did start something wonderful!  ;D

Margi

Tim & Jan said:
Tim and Jan Lynch will arrive Jan 15th, but will have to be back in Surprise the 20th.

Good to read, Tim and Jan -- will look forward to seeing you again. Have added your names to the attendee list . . . :)

Click HERE to view the list of 37 signees to date.

29er said:
Kerry and Beth Mathews (NV) will be there 18-24 Jan 10.
Will be parked on south end, in the doggie area.
We are looking forward to seeing everybody!

Thank you, Kerry. Will look forward to meeting you and Beth in a few weeks. Your names have been added to our list of attendees . . .  :)

Click HERE to view the list of 38 signees to date.

Ken & Sheila said:
Jane,

It was nice to meet you and Bill. Sorry you didn't know about the rally here at Catalina.

See you at Quartzsite.

Ken & Sheila

What a great coincidence to have found ourselves at Catalina while all of you were/are there.  We're looking forward to seeing you at Quartzsite.
Jane and Bill

After leaving Catalina, we spent the night in Quartzsite before coming to Indio.  We were in town so drove down the wash to Area 541.  From the north side (Main St.) we go down into the wash next to Al's pizza and the BBQ place and then cross under I-10 in the wash.  Someone must have decided they didn't want all of us driving down the wash because it's considerably more difficult this year.  You can see the tracks of a lot of heavy equipment and they've placed huge rocks in the arches under the freeway through which we pass on that route!  If you go that way stay to the east side of the wash because the western openings are blocked.  Basically we can use what we'll call arches 4 and 5 with 1 being the easternmost.  Also, because of the drought the sand is deep.  We left the wash at the first gully south of where the big red and white tent is located.  I have to wonder why they would want to keep us from driving in the wash when the traffic on the streets is so heavy during the RV show.

No one is at 541 yet.

ArdraF

We are currently at Holiday Palms in Quartzsite till the 16th.  My wife isnt sure if she wants to boondock, but I may be able to talk her into it. If so, we may join the group out in the desert sometime after the 16th.

Paul

Yes For Sure,

All the wives will be boon docking so we will all have the same challenges.  We love it!

Betty

Speaking from experience I can tell you it will be a lot more fun if you're with the group!

ArdraF

Slight change in direction in the thread, does anyone know if we will need the AZ off road sticker if we do some OR rides.  Here in Tucson they have been warning about this and are saying ALL vehicles that go OR will have to have it.  It is $25 per vehicle for one year???????????????

I plan on calling AAA tomorrow or stopping by. 

Jim: its been my experience that any off road license is honored in any states. In CA. and AZ. both I've done off road on both CA and MT license. I've also been off road with both CA. and MT. license on street legal vehicles off road. They might require a 6' flag.
  You might look at American Sand Association website. They are an excellent site for info. www.asasand.com

UPDATE: as of Jan. 1 2010 all off road vehicles under 1800# will be required to display the AZ off road sticker. I'm unable to determine if other states stickers wiil be honored.

Another twist of the discussion.

We were scheduled to take the coach in for an oil change this morning and found out they may not get to us in time for departure on Monday.  So we canceled  the appointment.  Does anyone know of a reliable service in Quartzsite that will change engine oil in a cat diesel engine?

Terry B., I remember that last year, or maybe a year or so ago, that you had your generator oil changed by a mobile service, do they also do engines?

Marsha~

Marsha, There's a Mobile RV oil change guy here at Indio who put flyers in the registration packets. Flyer says that he's in Quartzsite, too. Don't know anything about him other than the flyer with name and prices and phone number.

Wendy
Indio, CA, FMCA Rally

A mobile lube guy I used at FMCA in Indio a few years ago was able to do everything. He carried a bunch of filters, had an air lube gun and an oil waster tank on board. IIRC he told me he works all the rallies and QZ.

There is a CAT place in Blythe, where we had the oil changed one time.  It is an open air garage, meaning all work is done outside, not the cleanest place, but then not much in Blythe is.  Fred was satisfied with the work.  This was years ago, so it may have changed by now.  Just thought I'd throw it at you, if you are really up against it.  Might try googling it, or check with the CAT place.  I thought it was off the last exit east at Blythe.  You can see it from I-10.

Daisy

Tom's mobile guy is probably the one handing out the flyers here - Mobile RV Oil Change. I can PM you the info if you want it.

Wendy

Marsha/CA said:
Does anyone know of a reliable service in Quartzsite that will change engine oil in a cat diesel engine?

There has been a mobile oil change guy in QZ the last few years -- at least. He used to place a sign on the North side of the 95/10 bridge, but told me last year he wasn't able to for a reason I have since forgot.

Anyway, would also imagine the fellow in Indio is the same guy. I have used him to lube and oil both my Jeep and Adventurer rig the past few years, and intend to use him again when I get parked in QZ.

Russ also used him last January at the Rally -- so perhaps he would have his phone number and such. If need be, I will search for his receipt to get that info for you. It "is" a nice service in that he comes out on the desert to your rig vs. having to take the rig to a service center. And finally, his pricing was far less than taking it anywhere else.

Marsha/CA said:
We were scheduled to take the coach in for an oil change this morning and found out they may not get to us in time for departure on Monday.  So we canceled  the appointment.  Does anyone know of a reliable service in Quartzsite that will change engine oil in a cat diesel engine?

Marsha,

Why don't you wait until after the rally to have your oil changed?  An extra month or two should not make any difference on your big diesel engine.

Phil

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom