2010 QUARTZSITE Rally - Info & Signup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great, glad to hear the bikes will work. we are looking forword to meeting all of you!

Curt & Brenda Bell will be there 1/22/10 We are from So. Cailf.

Jim and Tarry will not be making the QZ rally.  We are going to delay our departure  until later  in the spring and spend the summer in the NW. 

Jim Johnson said:
Jim and Tarry will not be making the QZ rally.  We are going to delay our departure  until later  in the spring and spend the summer in the NW.

Boo hoo,  I was really looking forward to catching up with you guys.  So with a spring departure do you think you can make HSJ rally?  Keep our number  in your file for  NW adventures.  Gosh I am so sorry you will not make Quartzsite .  It is the 15 year anniversary and  we wanted to  see you guys.

Betty 

Jim Johnson said:
Jim and Tarry will not be making the QZ rally.

Very sorry to read that you two will not be joining us in QZ.  :(  You will definitely be missed. I was really looking forward to seeing you again . . .

Let me know what your plans are for the summer - perhaps we can link up, my friends.

Arrived in QZ this afternoon - Tuesday, and am parked at the rally site.

Here are some thoughts:

o There are two rigs here - but they are not part of the RVForum . One is a 5th wheel that is parked just about dead center of our happy hour campfire.  :(  I did the usual in that I mentioned that over 40 rigs would be coming to the area and that they would be surrounded. I also invited them to join us. They said they would think about it -- but did say they planned to stay until the 21st.

o With those two rigs in their current location, we may have to move the rally center East - that would be East of where Helaine and Wally have been parking. As soon as a few more forum folk arrive, we can chat and make that kind of decision.

o If anyone arrives while I am away from the site, please remember to park pointing either North or South. If you park that way, we can get more rigs in our space.

o If any new folk arrive and need help finding the site, send me an email or PM and I will give you my cell number. I can then come up to the ranger station and guide you to the site.

o The Ranger station closes at 4:00PM. That has happened to me for the past few years, but not a problem. Just come on back to the site, then pay the fee after 9:00AM the next morning. You can set up your rig, and drive back to the ranger station in your toad or whatever.

o I am parked all the way East on the site now - so at least for awhile, I should be the first rig you see. A '96 Winny Adventurer with a Jeep Cherokee toad. I will be looking for you when your arrive!!

o If new to the area, please observe the speed limit signs. They "love" to give tickets in QZ.

o Regular gas was $2.73 and propane was $2.55 when I filled upon arrival. Prices in Parker were about the same. The propane price was at the Pit Stop North on the 95.

After struggling with the cold and tulle fog of the Central Valley of CA -- it was sure nice to begin finding warmer weather as I crossed the Tahachapi's. The weather here is clear and warm. Highs have been running the low 70's - but much warmer in the rig or direct sun. I love it  8) 8)

Am off now to Sweet Darlene's . . .

After struggling with the cold and tulle fog of the Central Valley ofCA -- it was sure nice to begin finding warmer weather as I crossed theTahachapi's.

I can associate with that Bob. It was cold and damp when we left on Monday. We took Hwy 138 from I-5 to Lancaster; You'd previously recommended that route, and we've taken it a couple of times since.

We're in Boerrego Springs until Friday, then head to Yuma, and will probably arrive in QZ on Tuesday. Looks like we'll have two other couples with us, but I'll post later when I get a definite confirmation.

Tom said:
I can associate with that Bob. It was cold and damp when we left on Monday. We took Hwy 138 from I-5 to Lancaster; You'd previously recommended that route, and we've taken it a couple of times since.

We're in Boerrego Springs until Friday, then head to Yuma, and will probably arrive in QZ on Tuesday. Looks like we'll have two other couples with us, but I'll post later when I get a definite confirmation.

Glad to read that you made it out of the tulle fog OK.  I wasn't able to leave Santa Nella until around 11:30AM on Sunday, and only made it to Lost Hills -- about 128miles down the 5. Then that evening I unfortunately read on the net about the history of massive pile ups due to the tulle on the 5. As you know, one can think there is OK visibility and get on the road only to run into a thick layer with zero visibility. That is my biggy fear of the tulle.

I decided to go over the Tahachapi pass this time to get out of the valley as soon as possible. I then went on to Barstow, did the 40 to Needles -- then down the CA 95 to Vidal Junction, over to Parker and South to QZ. It's about 25 farther that way vs. the Lancaster route.

Look forward to seeing you both on Tuesday.  :)

Wednesday -- about Noon from Quartzsite:

o One of the rigs parked at the site when I arrived "was" a forum member. Jack and Diane Gibbs are here for the first time. I didn't bother them when I arrived as they were not parked around the rally center.

o When members arrive, I place an ARRIVED note by their name on the sign-up list HERE.

o Jack Gibbs brought firewood in the back of his Jeep toad. Please try to bring a packette or two on your way. I will scout the vendor stands again to see what is available here.

It wasn't that cold last night -- and by 9:00AM it was shirt sleeve weather under clear skies with no wind. Hope this weather hangs on throughout the rally days . . .

Looks like we'll have two other couples with us, but I'll post later when I get a definite confirmation.

Here's confirmation Bob ....

3 couples (including us) will arrive QZ Tuesday 1/19, leave Sunday, 1/24:

Tom & Chris (CA)
Dave & Lisa Heller (CA/NV)
Kent & Katie Higgins (CA)

We'll have our neighbors, Jim and Judy O'Brien TX, arriving with us on Wednesday, 1/20.

Bob: Sorry about the late response, I've been
unable to commit to dates when Cebu Pacific & Cathay Pacific are involved.
  We will arrive on 01/15 for at least a few days and look forward to meeting everyone.
  Please add our names to the list if possible: terry & maricar, Whitehall, MT, currently in the Banning Pass, CA.
  Thank you

Wednesday Night from Quartzsite -- 1/13

o Have added all the latest additions to the list of attendees -- WOW!! Am counting 46 rigs plus there is one parked on the West end of our space that may be attending as well.  DO check the list  HERE to make sure I have everyone listed properly.

o Helaine and Wally arrived today!! It's always great to see them, plus Helaine gives great hugs.  :) However, Rita the attack dog was not to happy to see me. :(

o The 5er that was parked in our happy hour center pulled out today -- so now space stuff is back to normal. We will start building the RVForum super fire ring tomorrow (Thursday).

we will not be arriving at qz tomorrow for sure. maybe later. i probably ate something that did not agree with my digestive system and am slowly recovering. :(

At this stage, it looks like we will hit Quartzsite Tuesday afternoon, or more likely Wednesday.  See you all there

Ed

Tim and Sue Daugherty (and Lucy) will arrive on Sunday.  We're coming from Palm Desert ahead of the rain!  Joan and Stephen Rosenbaum (and Luke) will also arrive Sunday in their A-line camper.  Not sure who stays in it...Joan and Stephen or Luke!!!

We're at Joshua Tree, about 100 miles from Q. Should be there tomorrow early afternoon. Don't need to dump, only fill up the fresh water tank.

Wendy

Robert Penn and Carol Hayden may get there mid next week.  We are waiting to get our generator fixed Hopefully we'll get it done and join the group next week, but it's too early to know when.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom