2010 QUARTZSITE Rally - Info & Signup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are you rally attendees sitting in mud out there in QZ?

Marsha, you can hardly tell it rained here.  No water stranding anywhere that I can see.  Must have been a slow, on and off kind of rain during the night.

Jim, would be good to see you, stop by and see us as you pass through.

Marsha, forgot that you might be in town, we've been busy moving to the new RV and haven't watched the foru everyday.  Are you headed to the desert soon?  If so we'll see you there.

Liz, my Sonoma is my rolling closet and the Godward's Dutch Star is my every 12 years hotel.

Today's rainy day is almost severe clear with a few little clouds, a typical rainy CO River Valley day.

Jiim and Pat are going to make a mail run, I'm going to
rearrange my outdoor closet and get on a fresh change of clothes. I slept until almost 8 AM today!  ;D

Hi Robert.

Would love to stop and see you on our trip. Send me an email or PM as to where you will be and we'll try to fit it into our trip, one direction or the other.

Helping a fellow RVer get his rig un-stuck, watch out for those washouts!

Attachments

• stuck1.jpg
    stuck1.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 59
Sorry to say that there were no attendees at the  regular 4pm social hour. Could be the wind was at 19 (with a high of 30) and showers were pouring with temps at 55 degrees?  We know when to cancel a happy hour!    While we like each other we like comfort more.

We did  have new arrivals to day.  Tom Jones and Chris,  their  friends Dave and Lisa and  two other couples  whose first names I will learn when it quits raining.

A little birdie informed  me of a special occasion that we might have celebrated at happy hour had it occurred.  Today is Dave's Birthday and  Dave and Lisa's  anniversary!  So  with no public gathering for an announcement I dawned my rain gear and presented them with Forum greetings, a box of chocolates and card to be signed when the weather clears.  We have had .17 hundredths of an inch of rain and it is definitely Kite flying weather!

Happy anniversary Dave and Lisa .

Betty

Betty,

In addition to Dave & Lisa ....

Kent & Katie Higgins
Paul & Sherrie Hetzer

Coming tomorrow ....

Robert Penn & Carol Hayden

We affectionately refer to this group (including others) of members of the Sea Ray Boat Club or Northern California , as "the Sea Ray RV club". We're all long time friends and neighbors, or near neighbors, and fellow boaters. We're attempting to convert other Sea Rayers.

Were still planning on tomorrow, assuming the wet ground well still support us.
I see Tim and Jan left early and came back to HT.

ken

Ken, They were going to leave tomorrow but whimped out when they saw the weather forecast. They did, however, stay for the 10 am 2-mile walk and shared their leftover water.

Wendy

Looks like the real rain and high winds are coming Thursday.
High wind and flood warnings.
But then this is AZ and all can change tomorrow.
ken

I hopef all of you will take heed with the weather. I have been told that there is a severe storm front coming from California with lots of rain!!! Remember you are close to a dry wash that could easily overflow.

Since we have met some of the California contingent I hope they enjoy their time with the Framily. We had the pleasure of some of their company in Florida a couple of years ago. Sure would like to see them all again!

Jim Dick said:
I hopef all of you will take heed with the weather. I have been told that there is a severe storm front coming from California with lots of rain!!! Remember you are close to a dry wash that could easily overflow.

Since we have met some of the California contingent I hope they enjoy their time with the Framily. We had the pleasure of some of their company in Florida a couple of years ago. Sure would like to see them all again!

10PM news said Yuma got 1.5 "...unheard of since they get only 3" of H20/year...what was like in
QZ?

R

Right now we are between a rock and a hard place.....At the moment we have winds blowing and gusting here in Tucson, between 25 and 50 miles an hour. And the forcast is very foreboding - there is a third front moving in from California, that is suppose to be even worse.

One thing we do not do, is driving in heavy winds!! So.....we will see.

Marie

mariekie said:
Right now we are between a rock and a hard place.....At the moment we have winds blowing and gusting here in Tucson, between 25 and 50 miles an hour. And the forcast is very foreboding - there is a third front moving in from California, that is suppose to be even worse.

One thing we do not do, is driving in heavy winds!! So.....we will see.

Marie
Sierra Vista last month 71 MPH
so far tonight cloase to 60 MPH gusts....30-35 sustaining according to MP office...
.1 inch rain so far...very small amount so far

R

Marie,

Sheila and I planned to drive out this morning, but after reading the forecast for tonight and tomorrow we have decided to drive out Friday morning.

Today should be ok for the drive out, but the heavy rain and winds are supposed to start tonight and go through early Friday am. I was almost looking forward to being in Q-site with some rain, but real heavy rain and wind will make it hard to even visit friends and go "parts" shopping - the reason for us going to Q-site.

I have a project that will take several days to complete on the MH, which I can do here in the rain because we are under cover.

All that said, you should have a problem driving out today, but if not consider coming out Friday morning. Friday afternoon and the weekend are looking good.

take care,

ken

As we speak at 9 am Wednesday it is 46 degrees outside , not a cloud in sight and only 4 mph winds.  Jump in your rigs and get out here right now! 
Betty

Betty, that sounds just like you!!!! Yet that 3rd front is moving our way, via your way........Remember, this is Arizona, one moment beautiful brilliant skies and the next moment you can see those clouds rolling in and then chaos.

Ken, we are planning to join you, getting there by Friday. Our reasons are basically the same as yours.

Marie

Back
Top Bottom