EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: 2010 QUARTZSITE Rally - Info & Signup  (Read 94304 times)

vmax1

• ---
  • can`t wait to head south again!
After the flash floods,
« Reply #300 on: January 23, 2010, 10:49:03 AM »
the desert comes alive, ( up at Plomosa road camping area)

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
    • RV Forum web site
Re: 2010 QUARTZSITE Rally - Info & Signup
« Reply #301 on: January 24, 2010, 12:10:26 PM »
Forum members Ken and Sarah (aka Brandywine) will arrive today. They were en route a couple of weeks ago and had to return home due to a death in the family. Talked with Sarah this morning, and found they'll arrive early afternoon.
Tom.  Need help? Click the Help button in the toolbar above.

Ernie Ekberg

• ---
« Reply #302 on: January 24, 2010, 03:17:22 PM »
It was great to put faces with names after so many years.  Thanks for the invite.
Ernie Ekberg, Weatherford, Tx
Prevost Liberty Classic XL
www.ernieekbergflooring.net

Ned

• Former Staff
  • ---
  • Ned and Lorna are former full time RVers
    • Have you seen Rolling Stock?
« Reply #303 on: January 24, 2010, 03:38:15 PM »
Ernie, it was good to meet you too, and glad you could make the pot luck dinner.  I know you didn't leave hungry :)
-- Ned -- Fulltimer 1997-2013
1997 Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE
2007 GMC Canyon

BernieD

• ---
    • PressurePro
Re: 2010 QUARTZSITE Rally - Last Man Standing
« Reply #304 on: January 27, 2010, 06:30:24 PM »
This is the earliest that I can remember such a quick complete Forumite exit from QZ. Paul and Ann Stough pulled out this afternoon leaving just Marlene (and Jordy) and me here. Tomorrow we drop our son off at Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport and then leave on Friday. There is no one else left. Sorry we missed meeting with so many attendees at this year's rally. 2010 FINI :(
Bernie & Marlene Dobrin
Home is Goodyear, AZ
Missing our Travel Supreme

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
    • RV Forum web site
« Reply #305 on: January 31, 2010, 02:21:09 PM »
Following QZ, we had a mini rally with Tim & Marsha in Cathedral City, with visits by and to Robert and Carol at their lot in nearby Indio. We spent two days traveling north, and arrived home yesterday with the sun still shining.

I just wanted to drop a note to say thanks to Bob, Betty, Helaine, Wendy and others for all the work they put into organizing the rally and providing entertainment. (Apologies if I've inadvertently missed/forgotten anyone.)

It was also the first time we've had sufficient forum staff in one place at the same time to be able to hold a mini staff meeting; More like a gathering in the storm and a sharing of thoughts, in between fixing Genturis blowing in the wind and worrying about satellite dishes. Among other things, we discussed several (positive) things for the forum future; More on those later.

Regrettably, Chris and I got the usual/expected sinus infections and allergies (someone fondly called it 'the QZ crud', which described it very well). But we were sure glad to see Framily and friends that we've not seen in a while, in addition to meeting others for the first time. Apologies if I didn't get to meet and talk with everyone in person.

Again, a big thanks to all who made the rally a success. Also, a big thanks for the contributions, either as voluntary donations or Betty's 'rally tax', all of which help keep the lights on around here.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 02:29:11 PM by Tom »
Tom.  Need help? Click the Help button in the toolbar above.

Hosted by Over The Network