Winnebago Heater Control Unit Vacuum Diagram

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elandan

We just bought a 1984 Winnebago Motorhome and are slowly fixing some of the mechanical issues that exist.  The PO tried to replace the heater control unit (probably couldn't figure out that it was a Dodge / Chrysler unit, not GM) and when he removed the vacuum lines from the back of the control unit, he didn't label them (or pull them out from the plug).

I called a buddy that has ALLDATA capabilities and had him pull vacuum diagrams for a Dodge Van and a Dodge Aries and they are both different -- of course.

I have 4 vacuum lines, black, yellow, light blue and red.  Can anyone help me with where they go?

This is what the back of the plug looks like:

O    O    O    O
  O    O    O

The 1st two on the top row are sealed, the next two are open.  The 1st one on the 2nd row is sealed and the other two are open.

Thanks!

Welcome to you!  Glad to have you join us here on rvforum.

If you don't get any assistance here, there is a link in the resources sticky for a classic Winnebago site.

While this sounds like more of a chassis question, I'm going to leave your post here in the Winnie board because you might get more notice with your question.

Thank you.  I am a member over there as well, I just thought I would get an answer faster over here... I evidently was wrong.  Thanks for the welcome and I have already learned a lot reading through these forums!

Elandan said:
Thank you.  I am a member over there as well, I just thought I would get an answer faster over here... I evidently was wrong.

Well, sometimes we get fast, accurate answers, sometimes we get fast answers, sometimes we get no answers  :D  Don't give up on us.  Another idea is to make another post in either the motorhome or tech board with the subject of something like '1984 Dodge chassis vacuum connections help..'

It is a GM Chassis but for some reason Winnebago used Dodge heater controls.

I got my answer on Classic Winnebagos.  For those of you who need it, it is here.  I can't be the only one with this issue:

http://www.classicwinnebagos.com/forum/index.php?topic=3403.0

Back
Top Bottom