Old Question New Answer(Basement air Fan Running

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dfdcaptain

My 03 Journey had problems with AC Fan running.  The factory replaced the light fixture in the ceiling above the Thermostat. 
Reason AC was leaking into the relay causing the relay to stay closed.

Hey Bunky - glad to have you stop by!

12 volt fluorescent lights are notorious for causing bizarre problems - I heard about a bad light causing interference problems with a TV remote control.  Thanks for the report!

Wagonmaster2 said:
Flourescent lighting messed up my TV remote on the 2004 Meridian and also the refigerator control board on a '97 Fleetwood Southwind I used to have.

Allen

When I was living in my house.. The "Energy Efficent" CFL (Compact Fluorescent Light) I used on my computer work station would bother the remote for the TV on the shelf near it.. I had to adjust the lamp to change channels.

dfdcaptain said:
My 03 Journey had problems with AC Fan running.  The factory replaced the light fixture in the ceiling above the Thermostat.  
Reason AC was leaking into the relay causing the relay to stay closed.

I'm not sure what the problem was I guess.  Was the basement air INSIDE fan running continuously? 

My inside fan was running continously when I had the RVP thermostat set to off, and RVP told me it was my control board, and that is what I replaced which fixed the problem.  We also have the flourescent lights, but none were replaced.

To FrontrangeRver;

Yes it was the fan in the air handler that circulated the air in the coach.  My wife discovered the problem ,every time we left the coach and turned out the lite the fan stopped.

Bunky
Lake City Co.

Yep.

I have the same exact problem on my 01 UA.  One light causes the fan to go on.  I haven't changed it yet just because I can't bring myself to pay the $70.00 for a new fixture, and we hardly use that particular one...  Overall I am NOT impressed with Thin Light, we have had several ballasts burn, and they get quite hot and one left scorch marks.  I certainly would never leave one on unattended.

John

You must have some pretty good luck then John! 

Shortly after we bought the coach, a couple of good friends gave us a 'Coach Warming" gift of replacing most of our original bulbs with Warm White bulbs.  It made a huge difference in the harshness of the light.  Of course, I couldn't bring myself to throw away all the other bulbs, so I basically have been rotating them throughout the coach, keeping the good Warm White bulbs where we use them most.  The trend is certainly been the fixtures we use the most, so I really don't think there is anything strange going on...

Last week I finally had to buy a new set, so in 3 years we have went through 12 18 inch bulbs and 2 of the 12 inch ones.  Granted we do use them a lot, and we are full-timers, so they are ALWAYS in use, but, I still find it strange for a florescent bulb to have such short life.  I think our next step will be replacing the bulbs with LED strips.  Not only are the bulbs getting pricey, they are inherently noisy (interfear with my HAM gear), they get fairly warm, and I think a few LEDS could go a long way in reducing power consumption also...  But, the LED strips I have seen are not exactly "Cheap" either....

John

Many of our fluorescents (F15T8) don't seem to last long either - we go through about one set a year on  5 of 7 fixtures, while the other two F15s plus the big one (twin 40w tubes) have never needed changing. Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to why some die regularly and another lasts like a normal fluorescent.

The warm whites are much more pleasant than the harsh cool white.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom