2009 RV FORUM SOUTHEAST FALL RALLY SCHEDULED!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gary RV_Wizard

Site Team
Nancy & I are going camping and invite all our  RV Forum friends (and their friends too) to join us. This years Fall Rally will be at the Lake Aire RV Park near Charleston, SC, from Oct 28 thru Nov 1. Come early or late and stay later if you can, but please join us.

Charleston has lots to see and do and there is plenty of shopping for the ladies. For the men there is the aircraft carrier Yorktown and Fort Sumter and nearly everybody enjoys the fascinating Charleston Aquarium or Magnolia Plantation.

Lake Aire is on the outskirts of Charleston, just off US 17.  They have grassy sites with plenty of full hook-ups and both 30A and 50A available. Most are pull-through sites.  The area we will be in is open, so satellite tv or internet should work fine. We will also have the use of their pavilion and big fire pit.  Free Wifi too, though I don't know how much of the park it covers.

Make your own reservations and tell them you are with the RV Forum group. Passport America rates are honored and so are Good Sam and Happy Campers or ask about the special rally rate.

50amp full hook up sites are $24.59 per night and 30amp full hook up is $21.27 per night and these rates do include tax and sewer.

Lake Aire RV Park
4375 Highway 162
Hollywood, SC 29449
(843) 571-1271
[email protected]
http://www.lakeairerv.com/index.html

Thanks Gary. I went ahead and changed the link on our web site to this topic. We sincerely wish we could be there, but look forward to the rally reports and photos.

We stayed at Lake Aire twice last spring, once for a rally and another on our way back to Hilton Head (preferred Lake Aire), and wouldn't hesitate going back. The owners are real nice people. Sorry we can't make the rally, it would be great seeing our "Eastern" friends again.

We've stayed there multiple times too.  About the only drawback is the railroad track that runs by the campground and some folks will even be nostalgic about that.

RV Roamer said:
We've stayed there multiple times too.  About the only drawback is the railroad track that runs by the campground and some folks will even be nostalgic about that.

I thought it was a prerequisite for ALL campgrounds to be adjacent to the rail road tracks, with mainline tracks being preferred<<GGG>>.

Anyone have a "CHOO-CHOO- air horn in case not enough trains go by?   ;D

Remember on NOV 1st Daylight Saving Time ends.. That may be disastrous.  ;D

We are looking forward to it.. Carson and Carol.

Thanks for you efforts, Gary and Nancy.

Just a little info on Hollywood, SC. Just in case you are a potential attendee to the SE Fall rally in 2009.

Check it out here

Gary, I am going to seriously consider doing this, but I may be a late entry. I am on another trip though the Carolinas and Florida that was scheduled to depart towards home around 10/25 or so. Maybe I could extend by a few days, but I need to work and pay for this coach as well!!! I can work as long as I have internet access, so I may join you, but not be visible until HAPPY HOUR!

List of attendees:
-----------------------------------------
Gary & Nancy Brinck
Dave & Jeanette Reavis
Joel & Camille Myers
Barb & Frank Weimert
Carson & Carol Carstensen
Jim & Tarry Johnson
Ray & Ladonna Baginski
Ron & Shirley Marabito
Don & Mary Ann Nesbitt
Lou & Jane Long
Jim O (Mr Bojangles)
Clyde and Sandy Doer
Jeff & Sue Cousins

Maybe...
David & ??  [Maryland-David]
George & Jo "Janini-berg"

Apologies if I mangled anybody's name - just let me know & I'll fix it

Please add the Nesbitts to the list!

Looking forward to it -- especially seeing Nancy up and around -- and seeing the "old man" again.

Don and Mary Ann

Cheryl and I would love to be there, but we've had a late September to mid-October three-week trip planned for the past year.  Family and work considerations dictate that we not head back out on another trip the end of October.

Have a great time and we hope to catch you next time.  Fix two of those ziplock omelets for us.  Yummm!

Here is some additional rally info...

The usual daily happenings will occur, all informal (we rarely do anything "formal" anyway).

- an informal coffee klatch starting around 8 a.m. or whenever people begin to stumble about. Bring your coffee or tea cup and maybe a pot of coffee or some sweet rolls to share
- Happy Hour around 4 pm. Bring your favorite beverage for yourselves and perhaps some hors de'ouvres to share
- Meal time around 6 pm or so. Bring your own plate and utensils.
- Evening camp fire where we continue the camaraderie and swap lies wisdom & humor

Because the first night is usually very social as people renew old friendships and make new ones, I suggest that we plan the first night (10/28) to have "heavy hors de-ouvres" and call that "dinner". That way we don't have to pause to get a meal together.

On the second night (10/29), Nancy & I will provide the evening meal, probably chicken or ribs or maybe even both. Just bring your appetite and utensils.

On the third night (10/30), we could do the traditional pot luck dinner, if folks wish to bring a dish, or maybe somebody else will volunteer something?

And on the last night (10/31) we may want to go out to a restaurant or ??? Whatever the group decides

One of the Southeast rally traditions is a breakfast on one morning, prepared by the men while the ladies kibitz.  The ladies typically take off for a shopping trip afterward while the men clean up. Are you guys interested in doing that?  If so, we will have to decide on a menu and day. Maybe Saturday a.m.?

Sounds like a lot of fun is being planned!  Wish we could join in, but it's a looooong way from Phoenix.  (Plus, we were there in June for our first visit of the Charleston area) 

Have a GREAT rally!

RedT in Glendale, AZ

RV Roamer said:
Here is some additional rally info...

The usual daily happenings will occur, all informal (we rarely do anything "formal" anyway).

- an informal coffee klatch starting around 8 a.m. or whenever people begin to stumble about. Bring your coffee or tea cup and maybe a pot of coffee or some sweet rolls to share
- Happy Hour around 4 pm. Bring your favorite beverage for yourselves and perhaps some hors de'ouvres to share
- Meal time around 6 pm or so. Bring your own plate and utensils.
- Evening camp fire where we continue the camaraderie and swap lies wisdom & humor

Because the first night is usually very social as people renew old friendships and make new ones, I suggest that we plan the first night (10/28) to have "heavy hors de-ouvres" and call that "dinner". That way we don't have to pause to get a meal together.

On the second night (10/29), Nancy & I will provide the evening meal, probably chicken or ribs or maybe even both. Just bring your appetite and utensils.

On the third night (10/30), we could do the traditional pot luck dinner, if folks wish to bring a dish, or maybe somebody else will volunteer something?

And on the last night (10/31) we may want to go out to a restaurant or ??? Whatever the group decides

One of the Southeast rally traditions is a breakfast on one morning, prepared by the men while the ladies kibitz.  The ladies typically take off for a shopping trip afterward while the men clean up. Are you guys interested in doing that?  If so, we will have to decide on a menu and day. Maybe Saturday a.m.?
  I'm in favor of the breakfast.  We could do pancakes, eggs & bacon w/ toast or we could provide sweets such as rolls or donuts.

Ron & I both do a good pancake and Ray Baginski is a master with scrambled eggs.  Add a few bacon and sausage maestros and some guys to fetch and carry and we are good to go.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leblanc77
Back
Top Bottom