2009 RV FORUM SOUTHEAST FALL RALLY SCHEDULED!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
RV Roamer said:
Ron & I both do a good pancake and Ray Baginski is a master with scrambled eggs.  Add a few bacon and sausage maestros and some guys to fetch and carry and we are good to go.

You are on Gary.

The mention of food got me off my duff..... Just called and made a reservation.  Lou and Jane Long will be there....

Got ya on the list, Lou.

I for one love sausage gravy and biscuits. If you can organize prep for the biscuits and gravy, it would be a welcome addition.

The usual problem is too much food!  Also, we need some guys to handle things like salt & pepper, butter, serving bowls and spoons, and all the logistical odds and ends that go into serving a meal.

I hear ya, Gary.  Since this is my first rally I'll sign up for a supporting role and just watch and learn.  I must admit though that I make a mean sausage gravy and a very edible biscuit. ;) :D  Maybe at a future rally.

We do several "Pig Pickin's" every year so I do have a fairly large assortment of mixing/serving bowls, cooking/serving utensils, a good collection of kitchen knives and several cutting/prep boards that I will bring.  These are all items that have seen many community brunches and family reunions.

I'll do a BJ's or CostCo run and pick up some salt and pepper shakers. 

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone attending.

You could whip up a small batch any morning, Lou. At these affairs, people typically gather outside some rig, coffee cup in hand, to swap lies and nibble on whatever goodies some kind soul offers.  I'll bet a plate of biscuits and a bowl of gravy would disappear real quick!

Gary, I'll come prepared.  If it works out that's fine.

Johnston County, North Carolina produces some of the finest pork sausage and moonshine in the world.

Barb

There is a station at the corner where you turn from rte. 17 onto the road for Lake Aire, but can't remember if it carried diesel. You can give them a call at (843) 763-6250. Think it does carry it, but not sure. We didn't need to buy any when we were at Lake Aire. But there is a great coffee roaster up the road on 17 west bound on the north side of the road in Ravenel-ICCB.

Barb

It does have a coffee bar, but its primary business is coffee beans. I had them custom roast a couple of pounds of Sumatra beans for me, GREAT. Reasonable also,about $10/lb for most varieties.

Hello All:

Just emailed a request for a reservation to "Lake Aire RV Park........"

it will be my first rally also, so..... like Lou, I'll take a supportive role if that's okay? Might make Chile one day when it would fit in (no one else preparing).
Looking forward to meeting ya all....
Mr. Bojangles
(Jim)

Added you to the attendance list, Jim. Looking forward to meeting you.

I'm sure a bowl of chili will be welcome, perhaps for lunch one of the days. Food rarely goes unappreciated in this crowd!

Clyde and Sandy Doerr, from Hardeeville SC will be attending.  First time we saw the rally on the rv forum.  Looking forward to making new RV friends.  See you there..

Just me again.  Has anybody ever done a low country boil?  How many people are you expecting for the rally.  For those of you who dont know what it is, it originated in Frogmore SC and was called (and still is) Frogmore stew.  Different names with the same concept around the country.  Anyhow, consists of corn on the cob, potatoes, shrimp, crabs,and sausage with lots of old bay seasoning, and lemons boiled in a huge pot.  At the end of cooking time you  dump the pot on a table lined with newspaper.  Delicious, and clean up consists of rolling up the newspaper and throwing it away.  Only thing to wash is the pot.  Sounds good doesnt it?  Oh, in Charleston it is called a Low Country boil.

I added you to the list, Clyde. It's back at Reply #11 in this thread. 12 rigs have reservations and three more are "maybe".

We used to have a Guest Chef night, where we each chipped in a few bucks and somebody took on the job of preparing a "surprise" meal for all. Twice it was a "boil", but not the South Carolina "Low Country" style.  Once we had it New Orleans style and another time it was called Southern Hobo stew, though is was very similar to the Low Country.

Wish you had joined in earlier - we could have used a volunteer chef!

For all that are attending the S.E. Rally, please bring your golf clubs for a game during the rally.    I know that there are at least 4 of us that can play.  They include:  Ron and Shirley Marabito, Ray Baginski and Jeff Cousins.

The RV Park has requested that I tell them who wants 50A and who wants 30A sites. Some of the reservations did not specify which was desired (Duh - didn't they ask?).

Anyway, if you could PM or email me with requirements I will pass them on.  I know that Marabito, Cousins, Reavis, Weimart, Nesbit, Johnson, and Baginski all have 50A rigs, so will assume you want 50A unless I hear otherwise from you.  The rest of you I would like to hear from.

RV Roamer said:
The RV Park has requested that I tell them who wants 50A and who wants 30A sites. Some of the reservations did not specify which was desired (Duh - didn't they ask?).

Anyway, if you could PM or email me with requirements I will pass them on.  I know that Marabito, Cousins, Reavis, Weimart, Nesbit, Johnson, and Baginski all have 50A rigs, so will assume you want 50A unless I hear otherwise from you.  The rest of you I would like to hear from.

Myers - 30 amp

Back
Top Bottom