The economy and the recreational boating industry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
I've watched a number of local boat dealerships here in northern CA either cut back their operations or close over the last 12-18 months due to the economy. A few days ago I was at a small boat dealership (small dealership & small boats), and was astounded to see a bunch of PWCs aka jetskis being unloaded from an 18 wheeler. The owner of the dealership confirmed he's selling PWCs, so someone is obviously buying.

What are other boaters seeing in their area?

Lots of Used boats for sale around Southern California for great prices. PWCs seem to be selling due to the lower initial cost and most likley the credit plans offered by the Manufactures. I have stopped gong to the local lakes due to the Influx of PWCs. I have no problem with most but as always you get those few who don't think boating rules apply to them or are just not aware there are rules and proper porcedures while opperating a boat. We joined a local private lake a few years ago that does not allow PWCs. It is a much better experiance for me at least with just boats on the water. There are a few boat owners that need a little coming together meeting but there is a nice system in place with the managers that makes it easy to enforce the rules of the lake without ruining somebodys whole day. ;D

There are fewer boat on our lake then ever before and the manager says he has noticed a reduction in use for the last 2 years. There are more nice fishing boats then ever but a lot less of those cool Wakeboats.

Wayne

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nativoacai
Back
Top Bottom