Albany NY to Concord NH via Route's 7&9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hpykmpr

We are traveling from Albany to Concord and would like to know what kind of roads routes 7&9 are .We have a 36' RV towing a dolly with a VW Beetle and we are wondering if this is an ok route to take The maps we have don't tell us much about this route and we are wondering if anyone has traveled it . We appreciate any info anyone can give us. thanks

We just made the trip a week or so ago. We towed a car and the motorhiome is 35 feet long.

On the way to Bennington there are lot of small towns to go through and a lot of construction with one lane traffic so you have to wait before your direction can be routed onward. As I recall there was some construction on 9 also.

It's doable though, just not much fun.
It is quite a bit shorter than the other routes according to my navigator.
However  when we go back west in a few weeks I told her to route us a different way.

In the past we have taken the Mass Pike to 290 through Worcester to 495 to 3 through Nashua to Manchester and then 93 on up to Concord. It's probably best to miss rush hours going that way.

We are at the Cascade Campground on 106 in Loudon, site 256. Stop by if you have time.

Clay L said:
We just made the trip a week or so ago. We towed a car and the motorhiome is 35 feet long.

On the way to Bennington there are lot of small towns to go through and a lot of construction with one lane traffic so you have to wait before your direction can be routed onward. As I recall there was some construction on 9 also.

It's doable though, just not much fun.
It is quite a bit shorter than the other routes according to my navigator.
However  when we go back west in a few weeks I told her to route us a different way.

In the past we have taken the Mass Pike to 290 through Worcester to 495 to 3 through Nashua to Manchester and then 93 on up to Concord. It's probably best to miss rush hours going that way.

We are at the Cascade Campground on 106 in Loudon, site 256. Stop by if you have time.

Thanks for the info decided to take a different route , 84 to 90 to 495 then 95, hopefully the traffic wont be too bad. Once again thanks for the info. Where exactly is cascade campground?

Folks, just a suggestion (request) .... when quoting someone else's message, there's really no need to quote the entire message and post a 1 or 2 line response. Please take the time to edit out stuff that's not essential to put your reply in context.

Thanks.

hpykmpr said:
Where exactly is cascade campground?

It's on RT 106 in Loudon. If you are heading to Loudon from Concord, it's on the right maybe 1/4 mile after you pass the Loudon town sign .I am not very good at estimating distance so it could be more or less. It is quite close to Concord though. (106 is the road that goes to the Nascar racetrack)

I sent you an email with my phone number. Give us a call when you get to the area and we can help you find the place.

Back
Top Bottom